Posted 23 December 2023

Acer Chromebook and wifi issues

Has anyone else had a chromebook that was working great for years then suddenly the wifi keeps dropping out,it's really annoying me.Other wifi items in the home are working fine.I just thought I would ask in case somebody else had the problem and found a quick solution
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    What version of CHROME OS are you currently on? 120 is the latest. If you are on 119 then it is about to be replaced by 120 very soon if you can connect.

And try this
    lifewire.com/fix…488 (edited)
    Author
    Hi that's brilliant thank you.I followed the step to switch off router and then switch off chromebook switch back on router then switch chromebook back on again and it's working pefectly now,I'm so relieved I thought I was going to have to buy a second hand laptop today.Have a great xmas.
    Yes and no - it could be a bad release of ChromeOS.

The other option might be if you have recently got any new devices which also use wifi - routers can be limited to the number of devices they can connect and that can cause problems.
    Author
    I'm hoping that it may be the OS that's caused this,and so it might get sorted at some time
    I've had a few laptops over the years and had several where the WiFi card in the laptop has had issues , a few I used a usb WiFi dongle which sorted it out or a re install of the WiFi program.

If it's was me I would download the software into the desktop then try to delete and reinstall the software for the Wi-fi and see how that goes....if then no luck , buy a WiFi usb do gle for about a tenner off Amazon etc
    Author
    Thank you
    we had issue with our laptop. i removed the antivirus protection as it was conflict with windows defender. if you have antivirus, then remove that.
    Author
    Thank you
's avatar