Posted 20 hours ago

Advice needed. Virgin Media 500mb - £39 and £37. Paying £30 but contract ending (No Referrals)

My contract is coming to and end soon. I’m paying £30 a month for 500mb. Trying to get this cheaper if not the same. Gave my 30 days notice and they offered me £39. Then the retentions team called and offered me £37 which is still ridiculous. Any tips on getting this price lower? They said they will take me off the call list too. Help please.
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    They are becoming less and less interested in doing deals to keep customers these days. An increasing number of people aren't even getting retentions calls anymore now.

See if they keep calling you. If not, ring the number that called you back yourself next Friday and try your hardest to haggle. Each member of retentions staff gets given a small amount of discretionary credit they can give out to keep customers. So you'll always get the best deals at the start of a month.

It's best to start shopping around now though. Look for other deals. Three's 5G Home broadband is a commonly used good one. But there are many others. Mention these specifically as haggling tools "I can go to your competitor brand and pay £x. Can you match this?". But, if all else fails, you'll have to be prepared to place an order elsewhere with competitors to be installed and live before your disconnection date. Because if they don't offer you something you're willing to take, you're going to have to go elsewhere.

Otherwise, have another adult you live with sign up in their name. Right now you can get the M500 Big Volt Bundle for £30.99 A month via the VM Reward Gateway. That comes with £50 Cashback and a £10 SIM That you can either use if you think it's useful or cancel off during your cooling off period if you don't.

52266998-5NpIX.jpg
    Author
    How do I get into the VM reward Gateway?
    I'm still going through the motions - I got a referral call and they could get me down to £29, but @ 125Mbps BB. I am currently on 350Mbps - see my thread:
    hotukdeals.com/dis…942
    Author
    Just commented on your thread. Packages are so different for everyone
    just tell them you’re currently paying £30, and you’re looking for around this price, but I don’t know if virgin will help
    "Looking around" wont help. You need to show that youre leaving for a better deal. No need to stay. Only then would they be looking for ways to keep you
    Have you got any other providors in your area. I just found out that BRSK are in my area now. Soon as my contract ends, i am moving over to them. Symmetrical 500MB is nuts.
    I had more success on the chat than I did on a phone call.
    we had the ultimate volt 1gig all the channels for £60pm, when I called they said tnt sports was no longer included and the best price she could offer was £80pm.
    via the app chat I managed to get it for £67pm but with 500mb not 1gig, but it includes all the channels even the tnt sport.    
's avatar