Posted 31 May 2023

Amazon Subscribe & Save constantly needing approval every month from RBS

Hiya - has anyone else experienced this pain in the bum thing where your monthly subscriptions from Amazon keep getting declined until you manually go in and approve each individual payment separately using the banking app? I'm with RBS, and it's beginning to annoy me now - every month I get around 15 "declined" subscriptions where I need to go on, verify the payment information, approve the payment via the app, etc.

It's the same amounts and dates every month; you'd think the pattern would be recognised by the bank by this point. Anyone else getting this? Is there any way to fix this, short of finding and using another banking provider? I know it's hardly life-and-death stuff, but it's really irritating/inconvenient.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I get the same with Starling Bank. Not an issue plus at least they are being safe and protecting my account
    I had one card blocked for suspicious activity as 15 S&S payments came out separately at once lol
    Known issue
    Same problem here. I’m with RBS. Very frustrating!
    Still an issue. I had to return perfectly good items to "Amazon Fashion Prime try before you buy" because of the same thing 2 bank cards and a credit card from RBS declined payment. So as there was no way to pay and been on phone twice for over 3 hours each time, gave up and returned items and they still trying to take payment! Will be closing this account soon as they are unable to resolve it.
's avatar