Posted 12 hours ago

Any advice on a cheap reliable smartphone?

No more than £150 say. Don’t care about specs. Just needs to have decent battery life and smooth and fast / responsive running. Preferably a somewhat new model that runs the latest operating system so it will be compatible with all apps.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I would suggest going to and profiles and have a browse through their phone listings. Lots of goodies there.
    I would avoid browsing through their deals as you will end up spending a lot more
    I was eyeing up the Poco M6 Pro - recent price here for the 12GB RAM / 512GB - was discussing it with my sister yesterday, though slightly out of budget.

Xiaomi Poco M6 Pro - Full phone specifications (gsmarena.com)

Also has a camera with OIS (optical image stabilisation - which some budget models cheap out on - obviously that depends whether cameras are important to you). I use an Honor but a lot of the cheaper Honors don't have optical image stabilisation - for example, the Honor 90 - has EIS (electronic image stabilisation). Not to be mistaken with the Honor 90 Smart.

What is image stabilization? OIS, EIS & more explained! - Android Authority

If you know all this stuff already, apologies!

Downside is that Xiaomi usually has a bit of bloatware and you need to disable ads.

POCO's Latest Powerhouse Phone with 12GB RAM! POCO M6 Pro Review! (January 2024):
    0:00 - Intro
    1:23 - Design & Build
    3:53 - The Display
    4:32 - Battery Performance
    5:26 - Features & Tech
    6:46 - The Camera
    9:03 - Sound Quality
    9:20 - The Verdict

Poco M6 Pro Photographers opinion! from Through Jermaine's Lens (January 2024):
    (edited)
    Author
    Doesn’t need to be new either as long as it’s a newish model no more than 3 years old say. If there are such legitimate websites that sell approved used models.
    Redmi Note 13
's avatar