Posted 14 February 2023

Argos price match themselves?

Hey all, hoping for some advice around an argos product I purchased that now has 20% off.

Possible that argos will price match?

Ordered this mattress on 2 Feb for £230. It is being delivered tomorrow. They now have a code for 20% off. Therefore I’ve paid nearly £50 extra for the mattress. Any ideas on how I could benefit from the lower price with the code?

Thanks in advance

*Update*
Argos refunded the 20% to my payment card.
Spoke to them via chat. Asked the question and they processed the refund, no negotiating or haggling.
Thanks to all for helping
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Hey all, thanks so much for the replies.

Got on to chat with them this morning and as suggested they did in fact process the discount

Chat was super quick to connect with someone and really efficient in processing the discount (no back and forth). All round very happy with the experience.
    It was who suggested you do that.
    Have you tried asking Argos?

If they won't refund the difference and you really want the discount then you'll have to cancel/refuse delivery and reorder. (edited)
    when you let them know you’ve changed your mind, I think they will tell you to refuse delivery, I know this is what you do with AO
    They will do it over the phone or live chat, no need to refuse delivery

If you purchased in store take your receipt and they will give you a giftcard for the difference, I done it with my ninja air fryer that went from £229 to £189 (edited)
    Do you need to take the item with you as well?
    I tried a similar thing but the order was a click and collect one. Unfortunately they said I have to go in store. Useful to know but a pain if you do C&C.
's avatar