Posted 15 January 2024

Boiler thermostat help

Hey community. I am hoping someone can help me so I don't make a mistake. Woke up this morning to find out my thermostat has packed up. It's completely dead, changed batteries etc. As we are a family and don't have much spare cash available can someone advise if I can simply buy a new one and swap it? Does it need to nr like for like as these are about £60 or is there a cheaper alternative? We don't actually have Hive heating it's just set up as a wireless thermostat.

Many thanks for your help in advance.
4280967_1.jpg4280967_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The batteries died on my wireless thermostat, i put new batteries in and it still didn't work..

From doing some research online i found that the old batteries needed to be taken out, then leave it for 10 minutes before putting the new ones in, i did that and mine started working again,

Even though mine was a different model it'd be worth you giving that a try first (edited)
    How did you get on,
    did you try leaving the batteries out for 10 minutes before putting the new ones in? (edited)
    Author
    Yes thank you so much!
    It does say to use alkaline batteries and those are zinc chloride - are they new and unused. I wonder if it might be worth trying other ones first?
    sounds weird for a product like this to just die,

i know it sounds silly but are you using brand new batteries?
    then press and hold menu and back button
    Use some better batteries first. You're using the cheapest of the cheap Zinc batteries there, get some Alkaline ones.
    Check the nipple of the batteries are making contact. Some batterys have very short nipples which mean they don't touch!!
's avatar