Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 29 November 2021

Car Insurance Companies which only asks for 3 years accident history?

I am trying to get car insurance sorted but the person knows they had an accident 2017 but cannot remember the amount o have looked for car insurance companies which ask for 3 years only but so far no luck and Google hasn’t helped lol

Anyone know by any chance?
Community Updates
New Comment

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Hehe, nearly all UK insurances use are now using CUE to generate your quote based on cross referencing what you say with the data held about you, it doesn't matter if you give them 6 year of previous accidents or 3.

If a claim was made and recorded the underwriters will be exchanging that info.

Just bc they are asking for 3 years doesn't mean they wont take the years 3 to 6 in to account, they all do, thats not to say that it wont be disregarded.

As time goes on, less and less will be asked as more and more data is being held on CUE.

The quote system asks you for details, but sometimes you will note a price change once it comes to the "pay time" or when you are referred out from one of the comparison sites. This is b/c using CUE it has adjusted its quote using the data held by the Underwriters Exchange, not just by the what you have said.

You can also see what is held on CUE about by making FOI request.

QUE may hold claims made even when you did not have a UK driving licence and increasingly when you have accidents/claims abroad or in the UK using rental cars!

Even if you do not make a "claim" records of any insurance company contact about an accident made by you or another party are recorded. This information is shared and used for to help avoid fraud and enable better insurance pricing. (edited)
    Why can't you just ring the insurer who dealt with the claim and ask them to confirm the amount?
    I heard Admiral do, that's the only one I know to.
    Most are 5 years now. Not aware of any sorry
    could you call the insurer and state that you can not remember the amount? just an approximate amount?
    I had one in 2017 too.
    Some knob rear ended me.

I have to celare this every year. And, my insurance is slightly dearer.
    Author
    groenleader29/11/2021 12:04

Hehe, nearly all UK insurances use are now using CUE to generate your …Hehe, nearly all UK insurances use are now using CUE to generate your quote based on cross referencing what you say with the data held about you, it doesn't matter if you give them 6 year of previous accidents or 3. If a claim was made and recorded the underwriters will be exchanging that info. Just bc they are asking for 3 years doesn't mean they wont take the years 3 to 6 in to account, they all do, thats not to say that it wont be disregarded. As time goes on, less and less will be asked as more and more data is being held on CUE. The quote system asks you for details, but sometimes you will note a price change once it comes to the "pay time" or when you are referred out from one of the comparison sites. This is b/c using CUE it has adjusted its quote using the data held by the Underwriters Exchange, not just by the what you have said. @mutley1 You can also see what is held on CUE about by making FOI request. QUE may hold claims made even when you did not have a UK driving licence and increasingly when you have accidents/claims abroad or in the UK using rental cars!Even if you do not make a "claim" records of any insurance company contact about an accident made by you or another party are recorded. This information is shared and used for to help avoid fraud and enable better insurance pricing.

That’s not the point. Genuinely cannot remember the amounts and do to want to guess as dont want to give any false info. When/if the time comes and they need to claim then I don’t want to put them in the position of the insurance company weaselling out,

Interestingly I put a guesstimate in a car insurance comparison site and got a cheaper quote then if I put nothing in! But again we need to be 100% legit so if they want 5 years history then we give them 5 years history, I am looking for 3 years as we know there has been no claim in 4 years.
    chapchap29/11/2021 13:20

That’s not the point. Genuinely cannot remember the amounts and do to want …That’s not the point. Genuinely cannot remember the amounts and do to want to guess as dont want to give any false info. When/if the time comes and they need to claim then I don’t want to put them in the position of the insurance company weaselling out, Interestingly I put a guesstimate in a car insurance comparison site and got a cheaper quote then if I put nothing in! But again we need to be 100% legit so if they want 5 years history then we give them 5 years history, I am looking for 3 years as we know there has been no claim in 4 years.

Look at your previous insurance paperwork or quotes in your email
    I didn't include a claim for a named driver (honest mistake!) and they wrote to me telling me about it! And put the premium up! That was by them using CUE.
    I'm sure there is an option 'not known' for claim amount if you're unsure. Almost every comparison site has it
's avatar