Posted 9 November 2023

Cost to fix or replace redmi note 10 pro touch sensor?

Curious how much it would cost. Phone fell in water and after restarting the touch doesn't work. Can still use otg and mouse. Phone works fine otherwise. Charges properly too. Any idea on cost? Thinking if its better to buy new or fix this one. It only cost 129 when we bought it just over a year a go.
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I personally would replace it. As has been said, once water is in, it could start breaking other stuff eventually. And as the price of the handset new was quite cheap, probably best to replace.
    Old Grandma theory, of burying in a jar of dry rice for a few days should suck out any ingressed moisture.

ANd then do a Factory reset as suggested above. Might help cure its temporary flue.
    Author
    possible. i think i might new as suggeted. and after moving everything ill reset and use ti for a trade in in the future. thanks all.
    Can see some prices here mi.com/uk/…tml If its got water inside though , guess it ain't gonna be long until it gets to other stuff and then starts to fail
    Think I'd be inclined to force a factory reset before being convinced a repair may be required.
    Check your warranty. Though mine had signs of life, it wouldn't charge and I was surprised to find it had 2 year warranty, so I sent it off and got it back within a week all fixed, including a new battery.
's avatar