Posted 31 December 2023

Earbuds/Android, how can I turn my voice off if just listening to music?

Random question, couldn't find anything online.

Got given some cheap earbuds (F9?), came to try them out now and phone sends the audio fine but also feeds back my voice, breathing, even heartbeat ♥️ and teeth🦷noises etc.

How to stop it? Can't find anything in stock Android audio settings or settings for the actual device in Bluetooth.

It's like it's treating it like a phonecall.

Wanted to go running with them but not now, be like hearing the sound of my body suffering.

Cheers!
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Are you sure you're not just hearing all those things because they all happen in your head !? Have you ever put anything in your ears before?

If it is feeding it all back then that sounds like an ambient noise pass-through feature, do they have touch-sensitive sensors / buttons ? Have you tried holding your finger on them to see if that turns it off ?
    Author
    Yeh they're touch sensitive, but from what I can see in the instructions it's just skip/hang up etc. As someone says above it sounds like I'm on a phonecall when just listening to music. Might be faulty I guess.
    Author
    Posting in case it helps anyone else in future.

Basically these (F19) seem to send ambient audio back into the buds. I also got some "M19" (guessing M for Music) that don't.

Not brilliant, you need a good Equaliser app to liven them up.
    Yeah, it sounds like they have been connected as a recording device instead of audio playback. You could try disconnecting, deleting the entry on your phone and connect them up again - it usually gives a choice to configure as a playback device or a device for making calls.
    Author
    I don't seem to get that option, I get this.

51879472-mmC8Z.jpg
    Then this.

51879472-OVPKp.jpg
    None of the options change the mic on.
    sounds like it is faulty. you should be able to talk through the buds when you are on a phone call. the buds are in that mode even when you are not on a phone call. (edited)
's avatar