Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 6 hours ago

East Midlands airport parking

Hi, anyone got parking experience of this airport? There’s options of a short bus transfer to long stay or a closer car park and walk to terminal. A few reviews report damage to vehicle in the short stay and long waits for bus on long stay.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    we flew from East Midlands last June and were parked in long stay,we only waited for 10 mins for a bus to go the terminal.
    Always parked in the Mid Stay car parks there (Mid Stay 2 normally) and never encountered any problems (touch wood) - it's about a five minute walk to the terminal from there.
    This.
    Buses are every 10 minutes from long stay. You could also look at parking up in kegworth and getting a taxi to the airport depending on how much the car park is.
    Used East Midlands airport since 2018 so have used a number of their carparks including third-party ones. Never had any issues with any of my vehicles.
    Author
    Thanks everyone, I’ve booked mid stay, short walk to terminal.
    I only usually use the free car park for pick up/drop offs, but the bus ha never been more than 10 mins.
    is there a free car park for pickup/drop off at east mid airport? I thought you had to pay for pick up/ drop off?

The pickup /drop off in the long stay has no buses

For those wishing to drop-off immediately adjacent to the terminal, the Rapid Drop Off lane is conveniently located alongside the Short Stay Car Park at a cost of £5 for 15 minutes and £1.00 for every minute thereafter.

Head towards the Short Stay Car Park and use the right-hand lane for entry.

Alternatively 60 minutes FREE parking is provided in the Long Stay 2 car park, for the purposes of drop off and pick up. Please note: Long Stay 2 is
    a 15 to 20 minute walk from the terminal. There will be no shuttle bus service for the foreseeable. (edited)
    Used Jetparks2 last year, no complaints at all, just missed the bus as we arrived so had to wait 10 mins.
    Wouldn't have any concerns about doing it again
's avatar