Posted 1 day ago

faulty pixel 8, what to do next?

Hi there, im having issues with a sim free Pixel 8 i bought from EE (i use lebara as a sim) - its essentially with notifications not showing all of a sudden,

i've spoken to EE who have referred to Google Support, google support however have done the bare minimum (have you tried switching it off, uninstalling app) which ive done beforehand to no avail

i'm so done with the support and want to return the phone to EE who dont want to know, as they keep referring me to Google and Google saying they cant help any further.

Any help please
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Have you done a factory reset, and on doing so, does the issue persist?

That would establish if it's indeed faulty rather than being caused by misconfiguration or an app. (edited)
    Author
    yep, did a factory reset, no luck, put it on the QPR2 beta still not working, reverted back away from the beta and still not working. 
    Hi. I'm afraid the most they can make you do is a hard reset and this will show if it's a brand new app that's done it or a recent update that'll be in the background and you won't be able to roll back (without research).

That honestly sounds like a setting has been disabled. However if you want to return you need to look into the consumer rights act 2015. Under that the retailer has 1 go at repair and if that fails it's replacement with reduction in refund for use. E.g if item was £600 and you've had it a year they can take £100 off as a guide. However EE is your PoC but going directly via Google would be quicker for you to get a repair or replacement. Refund will only come from EE.
    Try a different SIM. Borrow one.
    Faulty sims do strange things to phones. Bit of a punt I know.

Have you googled the problem to see if it's a known bug?
    Author
    good thinking! just tried it and unfortunately that didnt do the trick .....ifound this alongside a few reddit threads...but no actual fixes

googlenestcommunity.com/t5/…801
    How long since originally purchased?
    Author
    nov last year
    Raise this with Google, they'll send you out a high quality refurbished replacement.
    A purchase in Nov 2023 is within 6 months so the burden of proof to show non-bustedness is on the trader,
    and/or the regulated credit purchase provider if applicable.

If the trader directly or indirectly fails to confirm non-bustedness the statutory (Consumer Rights Act) solution enforcement route is via usual letter before action and credible tech report.
    A credible tech report is one authored by an entity able to show indisputable extended expertise/experience in their field related to the busted product.
    The costs of enforcement including any report costs are recoverable from the trader / credit provider - assuming the report confirms the issue requires professional corrective action beyond the usual user-based corrective processes such as factory reset.
's avatar