Posted 23 hours ago

Gaming Laptop Controller Recommendations.

Hi folks. There’s always a font of knowledge on this here website, so having decided to make the switch from Xbox Series X for online multiplayer gaming with my chums, I’m a complete noob using keys and a mouse. I was hoping some learned peeps could advise on what to purchase. I will eventually learn key/mouse skills, but jumping straight into it, I’m more comfortable with a controller. I have heard that the Series X controller works well for certain games, but I need something that I can assign certain buttons for any extra controls out with the usual. 

Please and thank you.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Maybe the Xbox elite controller? Think it allows custom mapping? Could be wrong though.
    Last time I used my xbox series x controller on pc steam games you could amend the functions of the buttons
    I'm not a big gamepad user but doesn't the standard xbox controller already have like 20 buttons?

Button heavy games are mostly things like strategy games that require precise pointer control and are terrible on any gamepad, or driving/flying/space games where if you're into that sort of thing you're better off spending the money on a different type of controller like a flightstick or wheel.

I'm sure there are people that prefer gamepads with huge numbers of buttons and maybe even one or two games where you could make the case for that being the best option but I certainly wouldn't be rushing out to buy one.
    Author
    Perfect guys. Many thanks the information.
    8-bit do bluetooth + 2.4ghz controller. why? it has hall effect controlls which use magnets and so should last much much much longer without any drift
    make sure it's the hall effects one. this is what i got
    amazon.co.uk/gp/…c=1

though was £45 when i got it so hopeully will be reduced again

i got an official microsoft xbox controller and it broke in a few months (edited)
's avatar