Ideal Logic+ or Ideal Vogue Boilers?

Found 28th Aug 2015
Looking to change my boiler, and my builder has recommended the "Ideal Logic+" for value or the "Ideal Vogue" if money is no option. I was under the impression that Ideal were not that great, but some quick research suggests that Ideal have really improved, and these two models in particular really are worth the money.

Just wondering, before I purchase, whether anyone here has actually had any experience with either of these two models. ANd if anyone has any recommendations of where to buy, that would be great!!

Thanks.
Community Updates
AskBoiler
11 Comments
have you tried an approved installer to get a quote from? I was looking for a Vaillant boiler and the guy who contacted me was an authorised installer of Ideal as well. He also recommended these boilers to me - I'm sure they come with 7 or 10 year guarantees too (recall him getting an extra 2 years being an approved installer).

in the end I didn't get the money come through so my boiler replacement is currently pending... and if I'm honest i'll probably stick with Vaillant, but he sold Ideal well, and they do seem to have come on a long way recently. I was very tempted myself

probably of no help to you though
These boilers were recommended to me by 2 gas safe engineers. I had logic+ fitted today.
Thanks for the responses. It certainly seems as though the best boiler is the one your plumber prefers (be that for ease, for any incentives they may receive, or because they actually are!). It's very difficult to choose.

I have read some more, and these specific models seem to be very well regarded - however, they are relatively new to the market, so it will be some years before we can truly see how good they last.

For reference, here are the prices I have found:
Ideal Logic+
Combi 35 (£870)
System 30 (£814)

Ideal Vogue
Combi 32 (£895)
System 32 (£998)

I'd be interested to hear how much you were charged for you Logic+, lmountbatten
Edited by: "solid" 29th Sep 2015
Hi Sorry only just saw your reply! i was quoted £1400 for boiler magna filter and combisave.
PS it was 35kw
Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a maintenance business. I would never have one installed due to the past problems and awark to service due to parts placement and extortionate spare parts prices.
Edited by: "kash2013" 30th Oct 2015
kash2013

Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a … Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a maintenance business. I would never have one installed due to the past problems and award to service and extortionate spare parts prices.

Totally agree with the above. Fitted and maintained correctly the Valliant is superb.
I got a Potterton gold combi 10 years ago, fitted it my self, It comes with a fault finding chart, its easy to work on, fixed a couple of minor things myself, it got a Which best buy. very reliable.
I went for the Vogue system in the end - its apparently a copy of the Valient EcoTec, but much cheaper and an equivalent guarantee. Also went for the Santon water tank. Hopefully, it'll all be OK, and I'll have years of good service from both

Thanks for the help - hopefully, we are at the point where most of the choices are solid.
kash2013

Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a … Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a maintenance business. I would never have one installed due to the past problems and awark to service due to parts placement and extortionate spare parts prices.

Why would you recommend a company that actively tries to steal your own customers by offering them maintenance plans. They have also been found out sending letters for boilers over 7 years suggesting they think about replacing them!

The Vogue is a great boiler, I hope he didn't fit a 32kW unless you like in a mansion.

i went with the ideal vogue 32 with Nest and adey pro 2 filter. all in all 10 year warranty no complaints 2 weeks in. I am using the nest to control the boiler modulation using opentherm protocol. which reduces the flow temprature as and when required.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants