Posted 28 August 2015

Ideal Logic+ or Ideal Vogue Boilers?

Looking to change my boiler, and my builder has recommended the "Ideal Logic+" for value or the "Ideal Vogue" if money is no option. I was under the impression that Ideal were not that great, but some quick research suggests that Ideal have really improved, and these two models in particular really are worth the money.

Just wondering, before I purchase, whether anyone here has actually had any experience with either of these two models. ANd if anyone has any recommendations of where to buy, that would be great!!

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I stumbled across this thread as I was google'ing ideal boilers. I know it's a long shot as it's an old thread but how are people's Ideal's holding up? I am looking to get a new boiler fitted and the plumber recommended the ideal vogue/logic max. I've only ever had Worcester Bosch previously...
    Author
    Thanks for the responses. It certainly seems as though the best boiler is the one your plumber prefers (be that for ease, for any incentives they may receive, or because they actually are!). It's very difficult to choose.

I have read some more, and these specific models seem to be very well regarded - however, they are relatively new to the market, so it will be some years before we can truly see how good they last.

For reference, here are the prices I have found:
    Ideal Logic+
    Combi 35 (£870)
    System 30 (£814)

Ideal Vogue
    Combi 32 (£895)
    System 32 (£998)

I'd be interested to hear how much you were charged for you Logic+, lmountbatten
    (edited)
    kash2013

Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a … Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a maintenance business. I would never have one installed due to the past problems and awark to service due to parts placement and extortionate spare parts prices.

Why would you recommend a company that actively tries to steal your own customers by offering them maintenance plans. They have also been found out sending letters for boilers over 7 years suggesting they think about replacing them!

The Vogue is a great boiler, I hope he didn't fit a 32kW unless you like in a mansion.

i went with the ideal vogue 32 with Nest and adey pro 2 filter. all in all 10 year warranty no complaints 2 weeks in. I am using the nest to control the boiler modulation using opentherm protocol. which reduces the flow temprature as and when required.
    hotdog29/10/2020 21:04

I stumbled across this thread as I was google'ing ideal boilers. I know …I stumbled across this thread as I was google'ing ideal boilers. I know it's a long shot as it's an old thread but how are people's Ideal's holding up? I am looking to get a new boiler fitted and the plumber recommended the ideal vogue/logic max. I've only ever had Worcester Bosch previously...

I have had mine now 4.5 years. Not missed a beat.

Just service every year to keep warranty valid.

Don't buy low end. Get 3 quotes. Your boiler guy is pushing the high end models logic max and vogue for two reasons

He gets a bigger commission / cashback

You get longer warranty on these if he's accredited (edited)
    Author
    I'm very happy with the Ideal Vogue I bought. Its keeping 8 rooms nice and toasty, and paired with the Magna Clean 2, is been very low maintainance. Easy to service, too, by the looks of it.
    Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. Good to hear you haven't had any issues! So the Vogue and logic max you would class as ok then?
    have you tried an approved installer to get a quote from? I was looking for a Vaillant boiler and the guy who contacted me was an authorised installer of Ideal as well. He also recommended these boilers to me - I'm sure they come with 7 or 10 year guarantees too (recall him getting an extra 2 years being an approved installer).

in the end I didn't get the money come through so my boiler replacement is currently pending... and if I'm honest i'll probably stick with Vaillant, but he sold Ideal well, and they do seem to have come on a long way recently. I was very tempted myself

probably of no help to you though
    These boilers were recommended to me by 2 gas safe engineers. I had logic+ fitted today.
    Hi Sorry only just saw your reply! i was quoted £1400 for boiler magna filter and combisave.
    PS it was 35kw
    Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a maintenance business. I would never have one installed due to the past problems and awark to service due to parts placement and extortionate spare parts prices.
    (edited)
    kash2013

Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a … Go for vailliant alot more reliable then ideal in my experience having a maintenance business. I would never have one installed due to the past problems and award to service and extortionate spare parts prices.

Totally agree with the above. Fitted and maintained correctly the Valliant is superb.
    I got a Potterton gold combi 10 years ago, fitted it my self, It comes with a fault finding chart, its easy to work on, fixed a couple of minor things myself, it got a Which best buy. very reliable.
    Author
    I went for the Vogue system in the end - its apparently a copy of the Valient EcoTec, but much cheaper and an equivalent guarantee. Also went for the Santon water tank. Hopefully, it'll all be OK, and I'll have years of good service from both

Thanks for the help - hopefully, we are at the point where most of the choices are solid.
    solid30/10/2020 08:53

I'm very happy with the Ideal Vogue I bought. Its keeping 8 rooms nice and …I'm very happy with the Ideal Vogue I bought. Its keeping 8 rooms nice and toasty, and paired with the Magna Clean 2, is been very low maintainance. Easy to service, too, by the looks of it.

Gen 2 has a fancier screen. But gen 1 has more brass components
    Author
    bagga21230/10/2020 09:05

Gen 2 has a fancier screen. But gen 1 has more brass components

Lol, gen 1 seems the way to go, then!

Still don't quite understand why any machine that handles water, still uses parts that rust!

Must be cost related, but must be more than that, surely
    solid30/10/2020 10:04

Lol, gen 1 seems the way to go, then!Still don't quite understand why any …Lol, gen 1 seems the way to go, then!Still don't quite understand why any machine that handles water, still uses parts that rust!Must be cost related, but must be more than that, surely

the new ones use plastics / all be it specially formulated plastics... they are only designed and tested for the life of the warranty of the boiler. Ideal do this - now Worcester and others.

but you and me know stick hot then cold then hot water through a plastic component over and over again the plastic material expands and eventually cracks.

Love this guys channel - his impartial - youtube.com/cha…1HA
    Author
    Plastic is still better than using metal that rusts, I suppose... And I guess that there isn't much use in having parts that last longer than the boiler

Thabks for YouTube link, love these kinds of videos
    solid30/10/2020 10:29

Plastic is still better than using metal that rusts, I suppose... And I …Plastic is still better than using metal that rusts, I suppose... And I guess that there isn't much use in having parts that last longer than the boiler Thabks for YouTube link, love these kinds of videos

brass is better than plastic - thou costs more !
    Author
    hotdog30/10/2020 13:37

Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. Good to hear you …Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. Good to hear you haven't had any issues! So the Vogue and logic max you would class as ok then?

I recommend the Vogue, but can't speak about the logic max

Please let us know what you end up with, and how much you paid, I'm sure there will be others who will find your experience useful
    hotdog30/10/2020 13:37

Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. Good to hear you …Thanks for the responses guys, really appreciate it. Good to hear you haven't had any issues! So the Vogue and logic max you would class as ok then?

logic max you can get 12 years warranty if you find accredited installer
    both are good!

most important - is the installer - you can pick a really good boiler but installer makes the difference. use trust a trader reviews etc and pick a good installer.

i found my installer on here - mybuilder.com/login

idealboilers.com/pro…ers

idealboilers.com/how…2AA
    one snag these days is they pushing thier own controller and filters.

filter i dont mind, but control i would prefer nest - as it uses openterm protocol installeronline.co.uk/com…rs/
    bagga21230/10/2020 15:39

one snag these days is they pushing thier own controller and filters. …one snag these days is they pushing thier own controller and filters. filter i dont mind, but control i would prefer nest - as it uses openterm protocol https://www.installeronline.co.uk/communicate-benefits-opentherm-customers/

Long shot, is it possible to buy Ideal Vogue Gen1, I can only seem to find Gen2 models.

Thanks
's avatar