Posted 6 hours ago

IMAX at Vue Manchester Printworks

I wanted to see Dune Part Two at Manchester Printworks as it only 1 of 3 70mm IMAX screens in the UK.
I normally see IMAX at Vue, Cheshire Oaks. The first row of the IMAX screen there is VIP with reclining seats.

I'm a bit confused about IMAX at Printworks. The first 5 rows are the cheapest seats (Super Saver) then next two rows are Saver then the next 2 rows are regular and the final row is Super Saver again.

4307858-LOMiw.jpg

I'm surprised there are no VIP row with reclining seats. Anyone familiar with this cinema please suggest which is the best row. I'm used to sitting right on the front row with IMAX. Are the different rows the same in terms of the width of the seat and leg room?
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    It used to be a requirement that all IMAX seats recline
    Only the BFI in London is showing this in 70mm. It’ll be dual laser. Which is actually how it was filmed, the last 70mm film shown at the Printworks was Oppenheimer.

The Printworks IMAX are all part recliners except the very back row. Leg room is pretty good on all seats I’m 6ft 4 and don’t have any problems. The best rows are the regular or saver seats and as central as possible. (edited)
    Author
    Didn't know that. I won't bother then. I'll just see it at Cheshire Oaks IMAX.