Posted 11 December 2023

iPhone, traveling sim, how it works?

Hi,

So going abroad during Christmas, and the destination have high roaming charges for me (EE).

I’m using a iPhone 15 pro max and EE on e-sim.

When I get a SIM card at my destination, and put it in, does it allow to select which SIM card to use?

Would preferably disable the e-sim till I come back.

Any1 tried it before?
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Turn off esim when you get on the plane then put in local SIM
    Author
    Didn’t know you can turn off an e-sim in the settings till I saw your comment,

Thanks
    As you can have multiple e-sim on your phone you could just get linky - very quick and easy to use
    Author
    This looks good, I thought there’s no E-sims in some countries (according to Apple website)
    have a look at eSimDB, will help you find cheapest esim provider for your destination along with any discounts
    As for your EE esim, just switch off the roaming data from esim options as you exit UK (or EU).
    At least that way you'll still receive any standard SMS and any emergency calls to your normal number
    If you put Destination you would get better advice . In Thailand they offer tourists sims when getting off plane at the airport.
    Where 30 truly unlimited Everything was £21 for 30 days or £16 for 15 days .
's avatar