Posted 28 March 2023

Loud / good quality earbuds

Can I have your recommendations on a good quality set of earbuds that don’t cost the earth?

They need to be loud and have good quality sound/bass.

I had considered buying the Bose Sport buds for around £95-100 at one point but read they had connectivity issues and the charging system was not great. The market seems awash with these things and there’s nothing like a recommendation from someone who has used a good set.

Thanks to anyone who can give me some good recommendations.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    If you get a properly fitting buds then they don't need to go loud as blocking out the external noises will make them seem louder.
    You must be young, because when you get older (and it will be too late by then), you will wish you didn't bombard your ears because once you lose your hearing you can't get it back.
    Trust me, having a constant ringing noise in your ears like after standing in front of very loud speakers is not fun.
    I'm contemplating getting some new earbuds as well although I'd use them only when in the office and nobody else in.

Sony WF-1000XM4 is excellent value for money from reading up on them.

I posted a similar question recently myself and I was also recommended the Jabra Elites.

I've not tried either so can't give a personal opinion,but what I've been told or read I'd go for either of these two.
    I have Anker liberty air 1. They are old now and they don't sit properly in the charging pod, so I have to be very careful with them when I put them in. But I find the bass on them is very good and they are very loud as the buds fit tight. I can't play them on full volume otherwise my head would ring

I got the liberty air 2, which is very loud, even louder than the liberty air but I don't like the bass as much as it seems to be heavy on one ear piece and not the other. So maybe you could have a try with the liberty air 2 if you are looking for loud.
    I bought a pair of QCY Wireless Earbuds, HT03 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling a couple of years ago. As soon as you enable noise cancelling they get quite loud and bassy. The noise cancelling is moderately effective in reducing general hubbub but don't expect miracles. They stay in too except when you're eating. Amazing value, £33 at the time.
    I have a Xiaomi phone. I managed to unlock the sound level via a YouTube vid and it plays much louder now.
    If you just need dB try that and pick up some Anker sound core P2i for 15quid. I think they sound great....
    ......half past three
's avatar