Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 1 day ago

mattress

can anyone recommed a good double mattress for my mom she has terrible back pain and leg pain cheapest or highest or any in general
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You can have cheapest, or you can have good. You can't have both in the same sentence with mattresses.
    What is your budget? Bearing in mind that a third of your day is spent in bed, then you want the best you can.
    Perhaps look at an orthopedic mattress. Does she like it hard or soft? Although more support is available if she has a stiff one, but more comfort may come with a soft one.
    Does, or will, she need a recliner? You're not just buying for now. A good mattress can easily last 15 years, but the cost will be your handicap.
    Really. One of the best mattress I ever had I paid £50 off Amazon a few years ago. Daughters currently using it after I got a bigger bed.
    This was one of the first questions i asked on here, it'll be interesting to see the replies....
    Simba Hybrid® Mattress Refurbished. Half the normal price..
    Cleaned. Recovered.
    Just like a new one.
    Just remember a mattress won't cure the pain. Can make things easier but you need to get used to it especially memory foam. I for one am glad people send them back after a short trial.
    Terrible mattress! Had one about 18 month and just replaced it.
    Dont get a simba they are terrible after a few months, just have a look on here at the comments. Just replaced our simba with a mattress from dreams. The brixham team reduced to half price £700. Worth every penny after having the simba (edited)
    We bought a nectar (no not from Sainsbury's lol) - seriously cannot fault it
    If youve got about 20 min to spare go into Dreams and go through their process for selecting a mattress or bed. i was a bit sceptical at first but in the end I found it really useful. You lie on a sample bed/scanner (?) on your back and sides and they recommend mattresses from your posture.

Dont feel obligated to buy anything ...they just leave you to browse at the end.

I think certain stores are 'clearance' centres ....so in the Caerphilly store we ended up buying a Tempur mattress for around £800 rather than the £2000+ on the display model downstairs. Worth checking whats in the clearance section. I think these maybe beds/mattresses returned under their 'return if you dont like it after 30 days or something similar offer'.

Other bed stores are available....

Im not a bed expert but maybe your mum needs an orthopaedic mattress if she suffers from back pain.

Personally I wouldnt buy a cheap mattress as its false economy ....so your probably looking at £300 -400 upwards for anything half decent (edited)
's avatar