Posted 7 December 2023

Mobile phone post to ireland

hello all,
did anyone sent used mobile phone to Ireland via Royal Mail? i tried last month, declared as gift and value £30 but it returned, apparently not fill the cn22 ( i think ) properly. Nothing explained. Someone could help me with this pls?
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Whilst the current rules for Cn22 mean you can just write on your items and value on the it. We've been instructed to now start using the harmonised codes. Amazon already use them and next year we have to use them or they'll return out stuff and as Cyprus and Ireland are in the EU I suspect its the same rules.

trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/fin…ity
    Author
    Thanks. as far as it shows, i have completed properly previously. only in description i have written used mobile phone and still they have returned the phone back to uk.
    It might be worth posting a photo of the CN22 here so experienced senders can show you what you've done wrong.
    Author
    i was thinking the same. but unfortunately already bin that box.
    Is it really worth £30?
    Author
    it was iphone 8 used. was in my drawer. i wouldnt say more then 50 quid considering the condition. but yea i have declared £30.
    Was it related to batteries?
    Author
    found this when they contacted Irish Post. not sure if its very helpful. 51687032-m7Ilu.jpg
's avatar