Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Posted 1 May 2024

Natural soap/shampoo recommendation?

Hi, I'm looking to purchase "natural soap" and shampoo. Do you guys recommend any seller or brand.
Something preferably with less amounts of chemicals as possible.

I'm aware of lush, they can be on the pricey side at times.

Thank you for your time and efforts.
Kind regards
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Can't say I'm an expert on these things but my M-I-L, who scrutinises ingredient lists (so she tells me) likes Wileda, especially Skin Food.

(edit: They make shampoos as well, not sure about soaps. And it's actually spelt Weleda. Think the heat's getting to me!) (edited)
    Simple soap is good.
    Look at 'Faith in Nature' or 'Miniml'. They both do large refill bottles which work out cheaper in the long run.
    The ones they do in Home Bargains for a quid. They foam up like mad so last a while too.
    Your post is a bit unclear exactly what you're after.

You say natural soap like tallow soap or something, but then you say you want something with the least amount of ingredients possible and minimally processed animal and plant soaps are going to be pretty complex chemically.

What is it that you're trying to achieve? Are you looking to troubleshoot a specific medical problem? Do you want something with minimal environmental impact? Are you after a proven formula that hasn't changed in decades so any long term health issues will have become apparent by now?
    Everything is made of chemicals.
    I buy Pears which is pure glycerin soap without any added titanium dioxide, which i can't stand
    Simple for skincare and Faith in Nature for shampoo and conditioner.
's avatar