Posted 6 hours ago

Netflix Households multiple locations

Hello, hope someone can advise better than the wally at Netflix CS I just spoke to.
I have 5 family members / profiles on my account. I think it's like £17.99 a month.
3 of the family members now live elsewhere and watch Netflix from their new homes, but also when they come back here too.
The other 2 members (that's me and my partner) watch it between our two homes in different parts of the country.
Got a notice the other day about £4.99 charges per additional user or household or something.
Phoned customer services and they said you aren't allowed to watch Netflix outside of your one and only location/home. When I asked them how that works when watching it on a mobile phone the wally gave me some nonsense about not being allowed and/or receiving temporary access codes. Absolute rubbish.

Bottom line is that they want an extra £4.99 per month per location away from my own home.
I am happy to drop the 3 family members who go between their own homes and here (about time they paid for their own accounts) but I am not happy about the need to apparently pay for using my own account and profile away from my own home, including potentially on a mobile phone (though I think that last bit is just a load bull from a clueless phone agent).

Anyone got any actual first hand experience of any of this?
Like I say, I can remove the 3 who don't live at my home anymore, but not willing to pay every time I want to watch it from some other location.

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    You just need to stream for a few seconds at your home location once a month. See here - help.netflix.com/en/…853

Second home or frequent travel to the same location
    If you have a second home or travel frequently to the same location, follow these steps:
    • From the main place you watch Netflix, connect to the internet, open the Netflix app or go to Netflix.com on a web browser on your portable device once a month, and stream a TV show or movie for a few seconds to establish a connection.
    • Then take the same steps when you arrive at your second location to continue watching Netflix without interruption.
    Yeah but having different family members sharing accounts in different locations is being clamped down on if I'm not mistaken. All members of the account are supposed to be living in the same address. Or do I have that wrong
    When someone on your account wants to watch it from another location they'll get the option to say 'I'm travelling'.
    The account email address will be sent a 4 digit code which your family member needs to put in within 15 minutes on their netflix device.
    This will allow them to watch it for 14 days, then you can repeat.
    Meanwhile your home can still watch it too.