Posted 14 hours ago

Now tv

Could anyone offer advise please, iam currently with sky but hardly watch it, we don't have a TV aerial at the house but the Mrs likes to watch her soaps on bbc and itv, are these channels available on now tv entertainment pack. Also can you watch live programs on now tv and be able to pause or rewind.
Community Updates
New Comment

5 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No. Now TV Entertainment is your premium Sky channels only. You can watch them live, or watch them on demand. If live, you can't rewind.

You have a few options:
    1) Get a new TV That supports Freely (Freeview over the internet)
    2) Get a Freesat box to watch all the free channels, record shows, and use the many apps and services using your Sky dish.
    3) Switch to BT/EE Broadband and TV Where you get a TV Box that doesn't need an aerial and includes an enhanced version of Now TV with all channels available as well as the ability to pause, record and rewind shows.
    4) If not too far from the transmitter get an amplified indoor TV Aerial.
    5) Get a smart streaming box/stick and make use of the apps like iPlayer and ITVX to stream the live channels and on-demand shows and make do with it that way. But accept that you need to know what you want to watch beforehand since there's no universal TV guide to scroll through and see all channels in one place, you have to jump from one channel's app to the next.
    Author
    This is very helpful, thankyou very much for the detailed reply.
    Everyone tv has launched too. It's like the newer version of freeview which streams over the internet.

For now I believe you can only get it on certain TV's but expect to see more and more from it as it expands.
    I assume you mean the new Freely service that I mentioned above. Everyone TV is just a group of broadcasters who collectively develop platforms like Freeview and Freesat.

It's only available on 2024 Hisense TVs as well as those made by Vestel (Toshiba, Bush, Hitachi, Polaroid, Digihome etc etc.) that were manufactured this year.

We aren't likely to see much in the way of PVR Boxes you can buy nor legacy compatibility. TiVo may make a return to the UK with streaming sticks (So again, no PVR functionality) that will include Freely support, but this is a long term rollout we won't see anytime soon. They seem to be more interested in pushing it out on new hardware from this point forwards. So for this year at least, if not longer, it's something you should expect to be buying a new TV in order to gain access to.
    I have a Roku box. No aerial needed, Judy Wi-Fi and then you download all the streaming channels on that. I love my little box and the picture quality is better than when you stream on the channels included on your tv model
's avatar