Posted 1 day ago

Recommendations on selling chainsaw?

If anyone has any recommendations better than Facebook or ebay it would be much appreciated.

Partner has a chainsaw (along with other parts for it) that he wants to sell. Its a better one in the range of £900 odd so obviously he's a lot warier of having to deal with scammers, delivery, collection and the rest of the fun selling pricier and bulkier items.

Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Whatever you choose as a marketplace, they collect in person only. Unless you deliver personally. Then it can be shown working, and you know they received it.
    Otherwise they might end up with a tatty trainer in the parcel. Allegedly
    Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

I pack chainsaw!
    Don't sell it to anyone in Texas.
    Sold mine on Ebay & they collected.
    I sold mind on Facebook marketplace. Just refuse the inevitable "I'm busy with work so will send a UPS courier" offers and insist on face to face. Also cash only. No PayPal or bank transfers.
    Author
    £800 odd cash though? I though a bank transfer is generally safe now. Well aware of all the fb scams and told him he wants collection
    It might be worth contacting some local registered/qualified tree surgeons or gardeners in case they might be interested in buying it. At least that way as a business it should be reputable!
's avatar