Posted 13 hours ago

Richer Sounds - TV Question/Recommendation

Hi all...

Edit: seems I may not have been clear in my message so I'll rephrase :

Are there any 50"-55" TVs on Richer Sounds for the £500-£550 price range which are definitely better than the Samsung TU8500 I'm currently using?

Original message:

My 50" Samsung (UE50NU7400 - Link) developed a screen fault and now I have a £220 credit with Richer Sounds.
We are currently using my brothers TV (UE50TU8507 - Link)

The option is there to buy my brother's TV for around £250ish, though this will then leave me with the £220 credit sitting there with nothing I want to purchase so I'm split between what to decide.

Question I'm asking is:

I know deals come and go on the site, but generally speaking, will there be TVs at Richer Sounds for around the £500 mark that will definitely be better than my brother's UE50TU8507 and allow me to use up the credit, or should I just buy my brother's for £250?

Appreciate any feedback in advance
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Go to richer sounds and see what deals they have on offer, richer sounds staff tend to be well trained and can offer you the best advice. I am shocked at how cheap TVs are nowadays and they are getting better and cheaper all the time.
    if you have £220 credit that you won’t use it seems a waste so I would be tempted to buy a new tv for £500 (£280 + £220 credit which you won’t use anyway) with a new guarantee to give you piece of mind.
    if you are happy buying your brothers tv, why not offer him £140 + £220 richer sounds credit, if there is something he wants from RS you can both get something from the deal.
    They usually give you the option to take credit which is value for a like for like. £220 seems a little low! Would you even get a 50" for that?
    Author
    Thanks mate.
    As I mentioned, I already have the £220 waiting for me so it's whether to add £250-£300 more for a new £500 TV from RS or just buy the one I'm using from my brother for £250 because it's as good as, or better than what I can buy new anyway
    I assume that TV similar to Samsung UE50CU8500?

It is currently £404 on richersounds.
    Author
    No, it doesn't need to be, although that's an attractive option to get it new and pay less than buying from my brother.

Essentially, If I can definitively say there is any TV on Richer Sounds for the £500-£550 mark which is much better than the 8500 I'm using, then to get a recommendation for that

Cheers
    UE50TU8507 is 2020 model
's avatar