Posted 6 December 2023

Selling nvidia shield to cex but controller battery dead?

Controller works fine wired. They told me yesterday when I sold them some speakers they buy the nvidia shield 2nd gen (2017) for £55 with the remote control. But I've got the games controller too but it only works wired as battery dead.

Does anyone know if they buy the controller too as its fully functional if wired? I might be able to get a bit more money.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    How easy is it to replace the battery and how expensive is a replacement battery? If it's not worth the extra money you'd get, it might not be worth it
    Go on their site and search for the controller
    Author
    It says they buy the controller for £7 but if its all part of the package - shield/remote/controller together they buy at £71 instaed of £55. Doesn't say anything about internal battery.
    Author
    I told the lad 3 times and properly explained that the controller works perfectly wired only and he said there's nothing on their system that says it matters so they gave me the full £71 as it was in good condition.
    Amazing how these devices have kept their value. Although that probably has something to do with nvidia sending out updates to them.
    So I bought it in December 2018 from a deal I saw here on HUKD for £149 which was an amazing price at the time and got £71 for it 5 years later!
    You've done well then, technically they shouldn't have accepted it and think they might get wrong.
    The battery is a common fault on them, they're called a P2920 pretty straight forward to change, 15mins of your time. Rough cost of one is £15
    I use my Shield daily, had one downstairs but sold that one and got the 4k Max
's avatar