Posted 23 hours ago

Short single bed

Hi

Room width is hardly 190cm wall to wall (without skirting).

Is there any bed I could fit there?

Ceiling is around 240cm and also I think a bunk bed wouldn’t be suitable because there is a window on that wall.

Is there a trundle pull out bed I could get below 190cm? (Or even if it’s 190cm then maybe I can fit removing the skirting)

Room for 2 boys (8y and 6y).

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you in advance

Edit: looking for a cheap option preferably, could do budget around £250 for bed frame

Room length: 322cm
Community Updates
New Comment

17 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Author
    Thank you
    Is the room 190 square? You only mention 1 direction.
    How about attaching a platform to each opposing wall with hinges. Then at bedtime you drop both beds. During the day you fold them up, mattresses in situ, for more space and cleaning.
    If the kids are going to play / do homework etc then drop one platform and leave the mattress stood, so they have a table. If the platforms are high enough then other furniture could fit under, or seating to use the table.
    Have a look for mini houses, or Japanese / New York apartment videos on YouTube for ideas.
    A bed base is easy to build, so design it to suit you. (edited)
    Author
    Sorry, Length is 322cm
    Never heard about the platform
    any pictures please?
    Author
    52764504_1.jpg

52764504-ByMPV.jpg

* one side radiator and window
    * the other one is the door and there is a fitted storage (edited)
    Go for a shorty bunk bed- looks like space is at a premiums in the room so make the most of it. As for window, no probs, stick a black out blind in, and bobs your uncle. Open/ closing - the kids can do that from the top.bunk (or the lightest weight adult can) or.. you can invest in a good quality 'helping hand' littler picker (amazon) and operate the window latch from afar (standing on a small stool)

I typed in 'shorty bunk bed' in Google and it brought up a lot of options within yorlur budget (edited)
    Author
    That’s a good idea.
    A shorty bunk bed is one of the options. Dont know but I’m a bit hesitant tu put the boy on top bunk that close to the window.

I’m looking for a shorty trundle bed with under bed. Couldn’t see any.

But if I can’t find any I think I’ll have to go with the shorty bunk bed. (edited)
    If the room dimension is 190 x 322, you could get a standard length bunk bed
    Author
    Yes but if I put it on the long wall then on the opposite I can’t put much like a desk or a chest of drawers, coz it would look too congested if I’m not wrong.(fierce) (edited)
    Sounds like only way to sleep is vertical. btw it's a joke my room is about the same.
's avatar