Posted 11 January 2024

Simple weights benches

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a simple weights bench, just a bench, not a rack. I see there's a Mirafit one which is mentioned often as a good budget buy:

mirafit.co.uk/mir…tml

For £150 pretty consistently.

I also spotted this Proform carbon one at John Lewis, £200 from £300. So, on the face of it a great deal and a good saving. Alas, I can't find any reviews of it anywhere! So, if might be naff!

johnlewis.com/pro…198

Comparing the two, the main difference I could see is the proform goes *beyond* flat, I.e. You could be lying down with head lower than toes. How much I'd use that functionality, if at all I don't know.

It also looks like the method to adjust the angle is quite different, with Mirafit perhaps looking easier.

This stuff is all totally new to me, so, interested in people's take on it. An yeah, yeah, I know it's January and it's cliche to get this stuff etc but I have been looking into something like this for a few months! Honest!

Cheers for reading.
Community Updates
New Comment

1 Comment

's avatar
    Funnily enough I was going to post a similar question here myself . Looking for a bench for my teenage son, but I can also sneak in to use. Anyone have any tips?