Posted 2 November 2023

Sky TV

Anyone have any recent experience of haggling with sky to get the price down? It's a while since I last did it and am out of touch with what I should be pushing for in the current market
Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

3 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I usually do the haggling on a Saturday morning as you 99% get a localised call centre. I am in Scotland and get a call centre in the UK. (edited)
    A couple of months ago my Sky deal was coming to an end and after I put my notice in they rang me a few times and what they offered was too much to pay. They are too greedy now and maybe it's because Comcast paid too much for them and are now squeezing as much money out of their customers as possible. The thing is they must be losing a lot of customers now. anyway, I went over to Virgin and for £20+ per month cheaper, i got just about the same sky channels except TNT sports of Maxit TV + Sky Movies + Sky Sports + TNT Sports all in HD for £41. I already have the 135 MB broadband for £20. If you have virgin then it's worth checking them out along with now tv who sometimes has good offers. Good Luck you're going to need it with Greedy Sky. (edited)
's avatar