Posted 1 day ago

Smartphone recommendations

At the age of 75 I'm not a technophobe, I use a basic smartphone to keep in touch and occasionally go on the internet. I travel a lot and want a phone with a good camera. I was going to buy a new camera but thought why not buy a new phone with a decent camera instead. Would appreciate any help from Mr switch and other experts. Forgot to mention, around £250 is my budget. Thanks.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Up to how much do you want to spend?. The very best smartphones are now well over £1,000 !!!

Google phones are known for having good cameras.

Also do some searches for "phone with best camera" and things like that.

Here is one I found

techradar.com/new…one (edited)
    Buy a pixel or iPhone based on how much you can afford .
    I'm sticking to pixel phones as it fits my budget and needs
    Same as above. I'd recommend the Pixel 7a - won a blind test carried out by MKBHD (famous tech YouTuber).

9to5google.com/202…23/
    Pixel 7 or 7a would be my recommendations
    You'll have to be quick as it's the last one and the discount ends tonight, it's not brand new it'll be a return in excellent condition.
    ebay.co.uk/itm…OPY
    As others have said a pixel 7a or 7 is your best bet. Almost certainly have to get a 2nd hand/refurbished one (although new ones pop up on hot UK deals for sub £350 often) ... But the pixel 7a only got released 9 months ago so every unit is still fairly new. This will be a better camera (no zoom) than any phone you can get and a much better phone than nearly every phone in the sub £400 bracket. (edited)
    Author
    Many thanks for the advice, went for a refurbished 7a in the end at a good price in pristine condition.
's avatar