Posted 18 hours ago

Want to buy wireless laserjet printer (mono is fine)

Hi all, I'm wanting to purchase a laser printer for work / study. After the recent deals for Brother mono laser printers I've settled on a wireless Brother mono laser and the HL-1212W for around £99.99 seems ideal.

Can anyone advise if this is as good printer, or if there are any alternatives whether better printers or a better deal elsewhere?

Many thanks in advance!
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I moved from inkjet as I didn't use it that often and ink would dry up the head rendering it useless, and I had always heard good things about Brother Laser printers. I didn't need anything fancy so I settled for the Mono Brother HL-L2400DW 30 pages per minute for £129.99, I can't tell you the differences but I've used it several times and it prints a single page in about 1 second and after switching it on it is always ready to print in a few seconds and I needed it to be compact enough to slide between 2 shelves, I can print easily via PC, mobile phone or Tablet, to me laser is a game changer. (edited)
    Author
    Sounds amazing! I will check your model out before I decide. Thanks!

Edit: also had too many problems with inkjets drying out... (edited)
    You won't go wrong with brother, I bought this one while back.
    Brother DCP-1610W Mono Laser Printer - All-in-One, Wireless/USB 2.0, Compact, A4 Printer, Small Office/Home Printer, White

(edited)
    Author
    Sort of tempted with an all on one, I will have a look at this model or whatever the current version is. Thanks!
    Been using Samsung for years. Not had any issues.
    Author
    I've heard good things about Samsung too, will check them out
    I've had my Brother colour Laser for 3 years , turn it on and it just works.
    Author
    That's exactly what I need!
    Agree. Only print things occasionally so moved to an HP laser printer. Never clogs up. Compatible refills much cheaper than inkjet cartridges
    Author
    Glad to hear it's going well, sadly I've been put off HP by some issues with an inkjet and a laptop. Pity really
    I have the HL-1212W for abput same price. Had it for over a year. Its great and compatible toners are cheap and fine
    Author
    Thank you that's really useful to know
's avatar