Posted 24 hours ago

Which smart watch would you recommend apart from Fitbit?

Once again I am in possession of a dead Fitbit. I am so done with Fitbit. I’ve been thru their no help help. I’ve reached out to the seller as it’s just a few days over the 12 months since purchase. It arrived sealed and no probs till today.

As liberating as it is to now be completely watchless, I do like to keep track of steps. I’m no athlete and don’t need all the extras that some watches have.

Would appreciate some suggestions on a new smart watch that’s not too smart but does the basis.
Community Updates
New Comment

7 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Huawei/Honor bands have really impressed me for the low price, super long battery life, and very accurate tracking of sleep/HR/Activity.

As long as you’re not wanting advanced features like ECG recording then I’d happily recommend these to anyone. They work on both Android and iOS.
    My vote for Huawei too - absolutely brilliant and solid build quality.
    Yep Huawei and Honor both have excellent build quality and superb battery life and give the perfect blend of what you are looking for. Not too heavy on the fitness since but a good general level of info
    Huawei watch fit. Great watch, great battery time.

Gave mine to my son and bought myself a Samsung watch 6 classic...feature rich...which I barely use now the novelty has worn off. Abysmal battery in comparison to Huawei.
    That's down to the use of OS on the watch - personally I stopped using a Huawei watch years ago, as it needed me to install an app from their app store, which I wasn't prepared to do.

For me, I personally like the watches by Amazfit or Xiaomi - but again, the Mi Watch 2/2 Pro are WearOS so suffer from poor battery life. The new Mi Watch 3S should be good for battery life. I used to get about 10 days from my Mi Watch.
    Just buy smart ring if you only wanna counting steps. It does check heart rate, spo2 and sleep too. R2 on Ali cost peanuts.
    Personally, tested almost all smart watches and Apple Watch beats them all out of the water in precision of all readings it does.
    Author
    Thank you to everyone for all the replies. I shall check out the suggestions.
's avatar