Xbox - Buying from other regions using card/vpn - UPDATED 2018

Edited by:"ChrisUK"Found 17th Jan
Hi all,

Following on from a thread I created 3 years ago here, this is an updated guide to buying digital games from other regions at a MUCH lower cost than from the UK store.

This does not involve changing ANY settings on your Xbox, can all be done online & is safe to use (no bans, infractions etc).

Buying with cards seemed to have been stopped around 2 years ago now, but after a few of us have tested today, this now appears to be working once again, but with a few small updates.

Step1 - Find a game/DLC you wish to purchase via the digital games comparison website (https://xbox-store-checker.com/en/).

Step 2 - Click the link to take you to the Microsoft Store. of the country in which the game is cheapest.

Step 3 - Ensure you are logged in. If the store takes you to the UK store, in the bottom left of the screen will be a clickable link stating "United Kingdom". Click this, then select the store you wish to purchase from.

Step 4 - Click on buy game & then proceed to enter payment details. It is advisable to use Goolge Chrome for this task in order to translate the page into English.

The following cards have been tested as working for this step, please let me know if you have success & what card you have used and I will update the list:

FX Credit Card
Monzo
Revolut - NOT WORKING

Step 5 - Ensure the address details are from an address within the country. A university, UNICEF or McDonalds are easy to find.

Step 6 - Before you click Proceed, turn on your VPN & ensure it is set to the country you are purchasing from. I use VPN Unlimited, but any should work if they have a server in the country you are purchasing from.

Step 7 - Click Proceed & your purchase will go through.

Step 8 - Turn on Xbox and your game should download. If it doesn't, it will be in your games list to select to download.

Step 9 - Enjoy your cheap games
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
66 Comments
Original Poster
Don’t forget to post your results so I can keep the OP updated
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 17th Jan
@ChrisUK HotUKDeals MVP haha Been using gift cards since the revolut method stopped. Going to give this ago. Many thanks!
Top man, thanks for the guide.
Original Poster
UUK36 m ago

@ChrisUK HotUKDeals MVP haha Been using gift cards since the revolut …@ChrisUK HotUKDeals MVP haha Been using gift cards since the revolut method stopped. Going to give this ago. Many thanks!

I bought 2 Games since it stopped working, the gift card method was a pain and didn’t include all countries.

Revolut has been confirmed as NOT working, so I wouldn’t bother trying that one
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 17th Jan
Great stuff on the new guide, will try this out when I can, although I only have a Revolut card so will have to see what I can try...

Anyone got any feedback on the Monzo card? Are they any good and also do they work for buying on the Egypt store?

Egypt is the one store that frustrates me cos they have games cheap as chips, especially the Play Anywhere titles, but cannot Buy using xbox and vpn method or gift cards as there are none.

Would be very appreciative if someone could test Monzo on Egypt for me before I apply for one

Thanks
I used to do this a lot and screwed up my account, it locked me into one region for 360 content and I couldnt get any of the 360 games or anything else 360 related, they eventually fixed it but it took over a year lol

I would do it again but its not worth the hassle I went through. I guess I was just unlucky
StevenBrown2 m ago

I used to do this a lot and screwed up my account, it locked me into one …I used to do this a lot and screwed up my account, it locked me into one region for 360 content and I couldnt get any of the 360 games or anything else 360 related, they eventually fixed it but it took over a year lolI would do it again but its not worth the hassle I went through. I guess I was just unlucky

The 360 was a nightmare for this kinda stuff anyway as everything was region locked, I’ve been buying from foreign stores on Xbox One now for around 2-3 years and not had one problem with my account (fingers crossed)
Original Poster
StevenBrown8 m ago

I used to do this a lot and screwed up my account, it locked me into one …I used to do this a lot and screwed up my account, it locked me into one region for 360 content and I couldnt get any of the 360 games or anything else 360 related, they eventually fixed it but it took over a year lolI would do it again but its not worth the hassle I went through. I guess I was just unlucky

The Xbox 360 wasn’t region free, the Xbox One is

No issues if you follow the guide
You're a hero Chris
Any current good deals out there from doing this?
Original Poster
Maverick_TF24 m ago

Great stuff on the new guide, will try this out when I can, although I …Great stuff on the new guide, will try this out when I can, although I only have a Revolut card so will have to see what I can try...Anyone got any feedback on the Monzo card? Are they any good and also do they work for buying on the Egypt store? Egypt is the one store that frustrates me cos they have games cheap as chips, especially the Play Anywhere titles, but cannot Buy using xbox and vpn method or gift cards as there are none.Would be very appreciative if someone could test Monzo on Egypt for me before I apply for oneThanks

Monzo is a great card, similar to Revolut.

Not tried Egypt though, what are you after from there ?
Original Poster
gormley901 m ago

Any current good deals out there from doing this?

I think FIFA is £18 from the US
ChrisUK9 m ago

The Xbox 360 wasn’t region free, the Xbox One is No issues if you f …The Xbox 360 wasn’t region free, the Xbox One is No issues if you follow the guide

It is the exact same guide I follwed way back when I used a revolut card to do it, there was no problem on the xbox one side but redeeming the free 360 games every month was impossible.

it was the 360 side of my account that was locked to an unknown reason, the only way for them to fix it was to remove all other regions from my billing account lol
Edited by: "StevenBrown" 17th Jan
Original Poster
StevenBrown6 m ago

It is the exact same guide I follwed way back when I used a revolut card …It is the exact same guide I follwed way back when I used a revolut card to do it, there was no problem on the xbox one side but redeeming the free 360 games every month was impossible.it was the 360 side of my account that was locked to an unknown reason, the only way for them to fix it was to remove all other regions from my billing account lol

It’s not advisable to change regions to download free games, you can get banned for that. There’s no issues with purchasing from other regions though.
ChrisUK8 m ago

Monzo is a great card, similar to Revolut.Not tried Egypt though, what are …Monzo is a great card, similar to Revolut.Not tried Egypt though, what are you after from there ?

A few of the Play Anywhere titles like Shadow Of War, Cupheads etc, always cheap as chips in Egypt and a few others have been too in the sales
Examples...

Shadow of War £21 in Egypt, next cheapest price is £39 from Turkey

Cuphead is £7.30 in Egypt, then next cheapest is £10.60 from Turkey
ChrisUK9 m ago

It’s not advisable to change regions to download free games, you can get b …It’s not advisable to change regions to download free games, you can get banned for that. There’s no issues with purchasing from other regions though.

that's what i'm saying, I changed region for xbox one stuff (rocket league and others) but after I changed back I couldnt get the UK 360 games or any 360 content.
Original Poster
Maverick_TF28 m ago

A few of the Play Anywhere titles like Shadow Of War, Cupheads etc, always …A few of the Play Anywhere titles like Shadow Of War, Cupheads etc, always cheap as chips in Egypt and a few others have been too in the sales

Just tried Egypt & it’s not liking it. Brazil & Argentina are currently confirmed
ChrisUK10 m ago

Just tried Egypt & it’s not liking it. Brazil & Argentina are currently c …Just tried Egypt & it’s not liking it. Brazil & Argentina are currently confirmed

Gahhhh! No worries thanks for trying pal, will still apply for one anyway just for ease of buying from the others 🏼
ChrisUK8 h, 20 m ago

Just tried Egypt & it’s not liking it. Brazil & Argentina are currently c …Just tried Egypt & it’s not liking it. Brazil & Argentina are currently confirmed

It's great news, alot of Ubi games are cheapest in Argentina so it'll be great to buy from that region once again. Currently 6.7k in the Monzo que tho
UUK8 h, 34 m ago

It's great news, alot of Ubi games are cheapest in Argentina so it'll be …It's great news, alot of Ubi games are cheapest in Argentina so it'll be great to buy from that region once again. Currently 6.7k in the Monzo que tho

Would you like a golden ticket?
Jamie_S6 m ago

Would you like a golden ticket?

Yes that would be great!
UUK6 m ago

Yes that would be great!

I'll PM you it
Hang fire what's this Golden ticket about haha? Im about 5000 in the queue at the mo
Original Poster
Maverick_TF12 m ago

Hang fire what's this Golden ticket about haha? Im about 5000 in the queue …Hang fire what's this Golden ticket about haha? Im about 5000 in the queue at the mo

Misers get a Golden ticket to bump friends to #1 on the list. If anyone can tell me if there’s a way to find where it’s stored, I’ll post mine up
Would be grateful for a given ticket also
ChrisUK24 m ago

Misers get a Golden ticket to bump friends to #1 on the list. If anyone …Misers get a Golden ticket to bump friends to #1 on the list. If anyone can tell me if there’s a way to find where it’s stored, I’ll post mine up

on an iPhone, its in the Payments section apparently....?
Original Poster
Maverick_TF1 h, 39 m ago

on an iPhone, its in the Payments section apparently....?

Cheers - got it
Original Poster
Maverick_TF2 h, 17 m ago

Hang fire what's this Golden ticket about haha? Im about 5000 in the queue …Hang fire what's this Golden ticket about haha? Im about 5000 in the queue at the mo

Yours if you want it, I can PM it through ?
Got one off twitter
ChrisUK3 h, 6 m ago

Yours if you want it, I can PM it through ?

Nice one pal that would be grand if you still have it? What do I do to redeem it?
Original Poster
Maverick_TF30 m ago

Nice one pal that would be grand if you still have it? What do I do to …Nice one pal that would be grand if you still have it? What do I do to redeem it?

Its just a link I think. I’ll send it now.
If anyone can spare a ticket ID be grateful, around 5,500 in queue.
same here, i am over 8,000 in the queue so a golden ticket would be muchly appreciated
kevinc678410 h, 32 m ago

If anyone can spare a ticket ID be grateful, around 5,500 in queue.

townenc6 m ago

same here, i am over 8,000 in the queue so a golden ticket would be muchly …same here, i am over 8,000 in the queue so a golden ticket would be muchly appreciated

Try a twitter search and look at latest I searched "Monzo Golden Ticket" and I got a link within 5 minutes
fwibble7 m ago

Try a twitter search and look at latest I searched "Monzo Golden Ticket" …Try a twitter search and look at latest I searched "Monzo Golden Ticket" and I got a link within 5 minutes

cheers for the advice
My card came this morning thanks a bunch Chris, however, I tried using the method but with VPN Secure (has no Argentina server) and connected to Vietnam as that’s what works when doing the xbox and vpn method, but wasn’t having it, anybody got any free vpn options I can try which have Argentina as a server? I’ve used Vypr before so that’s a no no lol
Original Poster
Vpn Unlimited has a 7 day trial
It does... but no Argentina server 😞
Now all I need is some games I want to play come out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants