Posted 23 July 2011

Any Good Alternatives to Music Magpie?

Hey wondering if there was any good alternatives than Music Magpie?

I'd personally rather deal with one company to get rid of the job lot(as some of them would probably never sell)

But when they're offering 30p for Spaced: 3 Disk Collectors Edition, I can't exactly take them serious. The strangest bit is they're offering £2.50 for Tod Brownings Freaks which retails at less than Spaced.
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Turs

Yeh

Wow, someone promote this guy to 'helper' NOW!
    Have you tried CEX?
    have you tried flogging them on here?
    Might have to split it up if someone like CEX give more on certain items but less on others.
    Author
    donaldduck2

Have you tried CEX?

How difficult is it to flog say 30 dvds and couple of games in one go?

Are you better to go instore?
    (edited)
    feeder16

How difficult is it to flo say 30 dvds and couple of games in one go? Are … How difficult is it to flo say 30 dvds and couple of games in one go? Are you better to go instore?

Always go instore with them! Plenty of people on here have had trouble with posting items to them and CEX then claim something is missing or damaged when it isn't.
    Author
    moose109

Always go instore with them! Plenty of people on here have had trouble … Always go instore with them! Plenty of people on here have had trouble with posting items to them and CEX then claim something is missing or damaged when it isn't.

Amazingly some of the prices are worse at CEX, Nightmare Before Christmas - 20p
    Use their website to price everything up and then put it on here at the same price or more plus postage.
    Author
    donaldduck2

Use their website to price everything up and then put it on here at the … Use their website to price everything up and then put it on here at the same price or more plus postage.

I was wanting to take some of the hassle out of postage as its not that easy for me to get to post offices! And I doubt anyone on here will want some of the crap or will have copies themselve
    Give it a go on here its free and if sensibly priced most things seem to sell.
    Try TurnIntocash.com as an alternative place to sell CDs, DVDs and Games.They only launched recently but I used them for some items that magpie couldn't be bothered to pay me for and they took them all
    magpie is done on rarity isnt it?

sold a load there a year or so ago and the biggest "earner" was a single from my mates band that charted at about 85 for one week

was about £4 much to my surprise suppose there might be a collector somewere or something
    They are now doing laptops but are offering god awful prices nearly as bad as the prices for dvd's. I used Laptop Lobster to sell my laptop recently and they gave a good price but if you search around on google there are others so you can compare the prices.
    Yeh
's avatar