Posted 19 hours ago

Anyone received an email from Nectar saying they won £200?

Anyone received an email from Nectar saying they won £200 e-gift card? Hopefully it's not just a glitch. Would be nice for Christmas.
Community Updates
New Comment

23 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    No. Have you checked the email address it has come from?
    Author
    Yes, they are really from Nectar.com. I've just checked Twitter and apparently many members received the same winning email from them. Probably just a glitch then
    Check if it is a scam first. Don't click any link

Give nectar a call
    nectar.com/abo…ine
    yes i have but i duno if it real or a mistake
    Author
    Judging by the number of people complaining in their Twitter official page. I assume it's an email system glitch. Hope they will honour somehow
    i spoke to staff in chat and they seemed very off something not quite right . Not fully explaining anything full of uncompleted wording , very strange and it was well after the half 5 closing time .
    email addresses can be spoofed
    Author
    I think it's just a glitch in their email system. More than 10 people said they received same email from nectar.
    Dozens have received the same email. I wonder if they will honour them?
    Yep in have but looks like they've messed up 🙈
    Got the email too Nectar confirmed from them see if they honour it. Seems like it was supposed to say you could win £200 for completing the survey rather than you’ve won. Worth messaging them on X about it
    I have a poor memory, but didn't something similar happen with Nectar before?
    Oops sorry! Our last email stated that you won a £200 e-gift card. However, this was incorrect. It was actually supposed to invite you to participate in a survey.

Keep your eyes peeled as we will be sending this survey out over the next few days and if you complete, you’ll be entered into a prize draw for a chance to win a £200 e-gift card.

We are sorry for any confusion and thank you for your understanding.

The Nectar Team
    Get ready for all the people demanding they pay them out or they will proceed with court
    Author
    51738730-As6kS.jpg
    And so it begins

51738787-sh3N1.jpg
    Author
    To be fair, it's a good trick to get people answer the survey. It's probably their end of the year survey with very low input response. Now probably 95% of the user answered the survey in hope of getting the prize. They could at least give some voucher even £5 worth or something like they will draw everyone who got the sent the email and one or two will win something. Better than nothing I would say.
    I received it and called customer service. They said to call nectar tomorrow. Thanks all for clarifying.

At leas5 it is not a scam, just a Sainsburys error
    I don't think it was a deliberate method to get people to complete the survey, it looks like a staff member messed up, and probably in a lot of trouble this morning. I realised it wasn't a scam when I noticed they had the correct points total. I think they may be legally obliged to honour them, but I am not at all certain about that, maybe ask Money Saving Expert
's avatar