Posted 18 hours ago

Avios boost points £0.0092/avios backdating by 1 year

pgt.shopping.ba.com/

Worthwhile to take a look if this applies to your account! The big change/today's deal: Today they seem to have unofficially opened it up to the past 12 months. I picked up 55K avios for about half the cost of buying them at the regular price for non boost purchase.

Avios boost usually allows you to buy avios points at £0.0092/avios for points balances earned within the last 30 days (e.g. Points earned through a BA avios Amex) up to 3x the points earned in that period. It's half as expensive as buying avios and cheaper than subscribing to avios. It seems to have opened up to the past 12 months earned avios

vs the normal £0.01295/avios when you subscribe yearly to 20K avios - paid monthly (1,666/month deposited into your account)

Or the normal purchase prices buying avios ranging from £0.021/avios and not improving much, even when accounting for their semi annual 40% bonus points promo that recently ended. Even with that promo the price was 143% the boost price.

Regular price of purchasing avios
5K £105 (47.62avios/£) £0.021/avios
10K £195 (51.28avios/£)
15K £279 (53.76avios/£)
20K £369 (54.20avios/£)
25K £459 (54.47avios/£)
30K £545 (55.05avios/£) £0.018/avios
Could buy 28K for £369 on expired 40% bonus promo (£0.01317/avios +43% cost more than boost)

When combined with 10,000 bonus points from signing up for a BA Amex (£0 annual fee, no referral links please), and yearly companion voucher with £10K/year card spend, this deal ensures that your next trip is closer than you think ;).

FYI No, I don't work for BA, avios, etc. I just like deals.

BONUS TIPS FOR MORE FREE AVIOS
You can exchange nectar points to avios at a rate of 400nectar:250avios. I usually get 100avios+about 800nectar points on a £100 Sainsbury's shop with buying bonus nectar items and a 3x nectar voucher that always seems to be available to me, so about 600avios/shop after conversion. If you sign up for "avios for thoughts" you can get points for completing surveys and also boost those points at a rate of 0.0092/avios. I usually do a few a week while watching something.

WHY GO THROUGH THE TROUBLE
I recently booked a 2 person return flight LHR-Tokyo Haneda direct for £560+companion voucher+50K avios (most of which I received from credit card spend and nectar points). Very affordable in my opinion at just £280/pp out of pocket! The regular BA price for the direct flight with luggage included was £4,200 (fairly typical for 2 direct tickets return from hearthrow to Tokyo, with stopover flights being a bit cheaper). My voucher + 50K avios gave £3,640off & a nearly 87% discount. It's basically opened up the world of travel for my family. If your partner or friend also gets a BA Amex, you'll get 2 companion vouchers each year.
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks for posting this... Just boosted my avios by 100k!
    Thanks for posting, this looks like a fab deal. Has this happened before? Just thinking that this year might not be the best year for expenses so if this deal has come around before, it may again?

But having said that, I took out the card in the last 12mths and got a 70k bonus, so currently my 3x boost gives me 310k avios for under £3000.....
    Author
    this is the first year that boost has been offered

I wonder if it'll stick around for future years! too good a deal compared to buying or subscribing
    Is it likely to be pulled? Don’t want to go too early on it if there are ways to maximise. Currently got about 160k AVIOS with boost
    Author
    no idea. There's nothing official on any of their websites, no press releases, and no "head for points" posts etc.

IMHO better to get in before the door closes (if it does!)
    I think it’s a promo whereby they’ll let you boost any AVIOS earned over prior 12 months but I locked it in now as at present it lets me boost previously boosted AVIOS so didn’t want to risk losing out on that.
    You can also pay with your BA Amex so I also got 1 avios per £ spent.

The only problem I have is that BA quality seems to continue to go down - going to fly end of this month with my 2for1 so we will see
's avatar