Posted 28 October 2023

Brother laser printer...

I've bought a brother 3210 last year for about £180, and now I have to replace the toners. The genuine toner multipack is £180. I've researched the printer again and found it for sale at £150. What is going on? What's the catch? What's with this insane toner prices???
Community Updates
New Comment

6 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Just go for a compatible version. I have used a Brother laser for years and have never bought Brother toner. I usually get them on eBay. 
    from what I know, the toners or cartridges that come with printers are not fully charged like the ones you buy. they are more like half the capacity. So buying another printer just for the cartridge doesn't really work
    Inbox toners supplied with the 3210 models are standard yield 1k.
    But yes: this is not the norm for many printer manufacturers' products that are typically shifted with reduced-cap starter versions.
    The actual cost of buying a new printer is nearly always subsidised by the costs of buying ink or toner in the future.
    Standard yield genuine toner pack shifted directly by Amazon has increased by about £7 since this time last year.
    Annual increase of under 5% effectively means the toner set now costs less than when you first researched costs prior to original purchase selection.
    Author
    I just ordered a new one... sell this for McDonald's money as only the magenta is out and black still has plenty of life left in it..
's avatar