Posted 21 June 2021

Does ITV hub app on Chromecast w/ Google TV show live TV?

Just wondering if someone that has the chromecast with google TV can tell me whether live TV can be watched through the ITV hub app? Thank you
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Doesn’t seem allowed casting to Chromecast from an iPad.

45014104-shaFJ.jpg
    Edit.

From itv.com:
    ”Please note that only catch up programmes, and not our live channels, are currently available for casting.“

help.itv.com/hc/…ow- (edited)
    Itv hub isn’t HD quality is awful
    Author
    andrewworrall123/06/2021 08:27

You can use the app but only for on demand shows unfortunately. I think …You can use the app but only for on demand shows unfortunately. I think the app I use for live ITV is TVPlayer

Bugger thanks anyway. Just bought one and it’s arriving today! Other features are great though and integrate perfectly with my current nest system. I will download the TV player and use that. I am having problems with the aerial at the moment!
    Getting ready for Love Island
    yorkie1223/06/2021 11:53

May be your WiFi connection , ITV hub plays OK on our TV connected using …May be your WiFi connection , ITV hub plays OK on our TV connected using ethernet cable .

Mine plays ok the app just doesn’t support HD my wifi signal is very good
    Don't see why not, runs fine on Android TV and that's what it basically is. (edited)
    Wouldn't need to cast using a CC with Google TV. Unless that's what the OP means, you'd be running the app proper. (edited)
    Author
    Byno21/06/2021 18:44

Wouldn't need to cast using a CC with Google TV. Unless that's what the OP …Wouldn't need to cast using a CC with Google TV. Unless that's what the OP means, you'd be running the app proper.

Yes exactly I mean straight from the app. I know the casting doesn’t work hence the question. Unfortunately you can’t stream live in some versions of the app such as the Xbox app - so just asking before I purchase! Thanks that’s good to know
    You can use the app but only for on demand shows unfortunately. I think the app I use for live ITV is TVPlayer
    chrb21/06/2021 19:06

Itv hub isn’t HD quality is awful

May be your WiFi connection , ITV hub plays OK on our TV connected using ethernet cable .
    Author
    nisc123/06/2021 10:50

Getting ready for Love Island

Haha nothing of the sort! Unfortunately have to be subjected to ITV's terrible coverage of the Euros 50% of the time! WHy can't the apps just show live TV!!
's avatar