Posted 17 June 2020

Fonehouse internal security checks failed?

I got 24 months contract from fonehouse for Mrs and just got email that it has been cancelled due to failed internal security checks even after passing credit checks from EE network. What is this internal security checks? Its first time i come across this that they cancel contract even after credit check is clear..now obviously it will bring down credit scores even when deals was not honour by fonehouse
Community Updates
New Comment

19 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Same thing happened to me. Are they not real deals?
    I just had this tonight. Passed the 3 mobile credit check. I’m very annoyed that they refuse to tell you what went wrong. I’m now worried it’s a scam and I won’t get back the upfront payment I made😡
    Any update on these guys?

Credit check passed / Network accepted.

there check failed -> no reason lol.

im only going for a £16 a month phone which comes with 50gb for that note 11 rather then buy it for £150 +10 voxi.. makes sense to just get it on a 24 month plan at 6x24 144 ignoring what i pay voxi, then ive got 50gb for any time then just 10gb + unlimited social time lol.

any experience mate? (edited)
    FairPriceSystems29/03/2022 13:55

Any update on these guys?Credit check passed / Network accepted.there chec …Any update on these guys?Credit check passed / Network accepted.there check failed -> no reason lol.im only going for a £16 a month phone which comes with 50gb for that note 11 rather then buy it for £150 +10 voxi.. makes sense to just get it on a 24 month plan at 6x24 144 ignoring what i pay voxi, then ive got 50gb for any time then just 10gb + unlimited social time lol.@MrSwitch any experience mate?

Strange one buddy, no experience here, sorry
    Author
    FairPriceSystems29/03/2022 13:55

Any update on these guys?Credit check passed / Network accepted.there chec …Any update on these guys?Credit check passed / Network accepted.there check failed -> no reason lol.im only going for a £16 a month phone which comes with 50gb for that note 11 rather then buy it for £150 +10 voxi.. makes sense to just get it on a 24 month plan at 6x24 144 ignoring what i pay voxi, then ive got 50gb for any time then just 10gb + unlimited social time lol.@MrSwitch any experience mate?

Try similar deals on affordable mobile, mobiles.co.uk, e2save etc they refused me last time and i got same deal from affordable mobiles
    Iv had exactly the same email I passed the credit check but apparently failed their security check I don't understand why no explanation given absolutely ridiculous
    I ordered from them at 5pm, guy said I will receive the order tomorrow (today). No email dispatch, no communication, nothing. So I called them and they said they're doing internal security checks on me and it should be complete in 3 hours. 3 hours just passed, still no Comms from them whether I passed or not. So now I am beginning to expect the worst.

It's odd that you can pass a network credit check but fail their own one.
    Author
    steve122118/06/2020 07:27

Sounds like the EE fraud dept has flagged something up and cancelled the …Sounds like the EE fraud dept has flagged something up and cancelled the order. Have you tried to get other accounts setup?

EE cleared it and credit check was passed by them. Its fonehouse who cancelled it because of their own internal security check failure..i dont know what they check as tell nothing about those internal security checks done by fonehouse. They have no complaint department either.
    Give them a call. I got something similar in the past cuz I had more than one ee account already. They can normally sort these things can even be a space on the address field etc..
    Author
    justanothercid17/06/2020 17:25

Give them a call. I got something similar in the past cuz I had more than …Give them a call. I got something similar in the past cuz I had more than one ee account already. They can normally sort these things can even be a space on the address field etc..

They sent this with email

Thank you for placing a new order with fonehouse.co.uk.

We regret to inform you that for security reasons we have cancelled your order and refunded any money that we may have reserved from your account. Refunds can take up to 3-5 working days before reaching your account.

Why has my order been cancelled?
    As a responsible retailer, we run a series of security checks when we receive an order. If we are unable to process an order safely, in a way that protects our customers and our company, we will cancel that order.

What are the security checks performed?
    We analyse 100's of individual security rules that vary significantly depending on the order. When an order does not meet the criteria to pass an individual security rule, we take the decision not to proceed with that order.

Has a credit check been performed?
    Yes, a credit check has been performed and you have passed, the order has been cancelled due to our own security checks.

Can you give me more information?
    Unfortunately for security purposes we cannot provide you any more information about why you have failed security checks, and we are unable to overturn this decision.

When credit check has been done then what else check they need is beyond my understanding. They are giving vague information. It might be just an excuse for them to not honour deals given on their sites
    Sounds like the EE fraud dept has flagged something up and cancelled the order. Have you tried to get other accounts setup?
    Same thing just happened to me. I've no reason to fail a security check. I do already have one EE account and they know this as it asked on the order form. Fuming!
    boofee24/04/2021 15:04

Same thing happened to me. Are they not real deals?

More often they are not real deals. The phones they sell are also not even new.
    not another site saying same things there security checks are actually taking our security date. there checking it for a reason to scam anything
    why would there company do security checks when 3 does it there the legit ones.
    did anybody even get there fone after taking there deposit???????????
's avatar