Posted 17 hours ago

Fridge Freezer - American vs integrated vs free standing

We're trying to deliberate what will give us most volume of refrigeration.

I don't even mind a free standing stand fridge freezer, with a separate additional freezer (I find the american fridge width quite narrow and know I will miss the current width).

Which option would you gonfornif you wanted the best use of space vs volume of refrigeration and freezing capacity?

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    I got an American fridge freezer when I had my kitchen done recently because of no other reason than I'd always wanted one. With the benefit of hindsight I'd get separate integrated fridge and freezer.

I'd lose the chilled water and ice maker as a result, but I'd get a decent bit more storage for an extra 20cm width, it wouldn't protrude into the kitchen (the American one stands well proud of the units around it) and it would give a more streamlined finish to the room overall. I'm also not a fan of the tall shelves rather than drawers in the freezer, everything ends up pilled on top of each other or wedged in.
    Author
    Interesting, so the integrated will take a little more room width wise, but be flush.

Would you consider a fridge freezer (the normal 60:40 or 70:30) with a small under counter freezer also in hindsight or would that be pointless?
    How many of you in the household?
    Do you have room?
    We bought two matching fridge freezers as if one broke at least we still had a fridge freezer.
    When you look at them, does it not tell you the capacity!

Another one of those strange questions that get asked on here, that nobody but the person asking it can actually answer!
    I purchase this yesterday if it helps

ao.com/pro…spx (edited)
    I wouldn't recommend frost free F/F.
    After a few months mine started making rattling noises as it used fans to circulate cold air in the freezer. Not sure just me but I've heard this from a few other people as well.
    So annoying when you trying to sleep at night.
    Now I have standard f/f and apart from cleaning ice from the freezer every few months, I am happy.
    At least I can sleep (edited)
    Ours if frost free, and is silent maybe yours is faulty?
    Had it 3 years now
    52520488_1.jpg

52520488_1.jpg

Highly recommended by me. Saved a lot of money thanks to the freezer!

*I have a built-in fridge/freezer + 198L freezer + 85L freezer + 60L fridge for one person is good enough All fully stocked up. I wish I could have one more freezer…

American fridge/freezer is stylish but not so practical….. like my freezer: Haier I only paid £169 but really really great but it does not look handsome lol whereas my 85L freezer does look stylish but not so practical as it only stores 85L then I paid £159. (edited)
's avatar