Posted 25 December 2023

Garmin watch warranty

My husband bought a garmin watch from Amazon in August 2022. The activity button is no longer responsive and I had read that Garmin give 2 years warranty on their products.

I went into the Amazon account to raise a return but this option is not possible because the return window is closed. There are 3 options available

Contact Amazon for Help
Contact the manufacturer
Send for repair

Anyone had experience of this? Should I send the watch for repair? It says it will be repaired within 14 days free of charge.
Community Updates
New Comment

18 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Garmin support is amazing. My watch went dead all of a sudden after 3 years so out of warranty.

They checked the serial number and it was a known battery issue. Sent a new watch to me within a few days free of charge and a free return envelope

Wouldn't mess about with Amazon

This was all done on the phone within 5 mins (edited)
    Author
    that is good to hear. i don't like the wording on the amazon repair that they wash their hands and that i have to deal with the repair agent direct. no idea how reliable this repair agent is going to be!
    Just contact garmin it'll be easier
    Author
    have you had experience directly from amazon on this sort of purchase before? they have an option to send to an authorised service engineer on the Amazon account as shown in the screenshot.

is there benefit in contacting garmin over using this option on the Amazon account?

51829255-etz9I.jpg51829255-uwjN2.jpg
    Contact Garmin my fenix 5 got replaced a few years ago and my Hrm pro got replaced to a plus version recently. (edited)
    Author
    i will contact them after boxing day. the battery has now packed up
    It's good to hear about a company that seem to be doing customer services right!
    Keep us posted on the outcome!
    Author
    yeah, not many of those around these days. they are all out to fleece you.

garmin may realise that their customers are loyal and if they don't look after them, they may not have loyal customers. in this day and age of competition in the sports watch by the smart watch competitors, garmin needs to keep its loyal customers.

my husband says that if they don't fix it, he won't buy another garmin watch and will buy something else as he would have lost faith in them. and he has had a garmin watch for a few years now.
's avatar