Posted 9 January 2024

Germany - Eurostar or Flight?

Is it best to fly to Frankfurt from London or use Eurostar? Mind you Eurostar keeps coming back with unavailable/sold out so the decision could be made for me, but still keen to know what others find most convenient.

Thanks
Community Updates
New Comment

4 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Can't comment on Eurostar to Frankfurt but for the last few years I've travelled to Brussels by Eurostar several times per year for work. To me its more preferable than flying, customs and security is all dealt with at St Pancras so when you reach your destination you just walk straight off the train into the city. Way way nicer experience than flying.

I would add though that it only makes sense if you have an easy route to St Pancras, I get a direct mainline train to Euston\St. Pancras from a local station so for me it's from my front door to Brussels on just two trains, if you need multiple changes/Tube etc.. it may be simpler to just fly from your local airport.

Book Standard Premier if you can, only usually a few quid more and you get a nice table seat with plenty of room for a laptop etc and a meal/drink on the train.

Baggage restrictions also more relaxed than flying, no liquid restrictions and I can take tools with me (Pliers, screwdrivers, Wirecutters etc but no knives) .
    Such a clear, detailed and informative post!
    there is no direct train to frankfurt from London so flying there is cheaper and quicker