Posted 31 March 2024

Good 65 inch Qled TVs?

Bought a LG C3 Oled a few weeks ago that's going back because of either a faulty power supply or faulty screen (what engineer told me) and I don't think I'm going to get another one. I'm very unimpressed with it tbh after all the rave reviews. The stuttering and juddering is too much and no setting I change makes a difference apart from trumotion but then everything turns into the soap opera effect. So I'm considering getting a Qled instead. What's a good Qled that's 65 inches and has at least two 2.1 HDMI ports with VRR and is good for both gaming and movies? Thank you!
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Bear in mind 'QLED' is a branding only used by some manufacturers, the general term for that type of display is LCD.

It's generally been Sony and Samsung putting out the most capable LCD TVs in recent years but I haven't looked at the ranges this year/last year so I can't suggest anything specific.
    Author
    Okey doke. Thank you!
    Samsung Qn90c
    According to John Lewis
    But I have just bought a LG C3 (edited)
    Let's assume you bought a faulty oled TV! That happens, unfortunate but it happens. The vast majority of people have zero issue. So if I was you, I would just replace the oled with another one

What you going to do is the qled is faulty. Look for a crt! They were super reliable (edited)
    Nah, he's after both excellent motion (VRR, high refresh rate) and accommodation to make blurry low frame rate sources look watchable, which can be tricky and not something every TV manages. 
    Judder should be completely removed for any 24p source (the relevant setting is called "Real Cinema", confusingly).

Stutter is one of those things that some people are more sensitive to than others. Have you tried BFI?
    The Sony X95L is supposed to be the best LCD TV with mini LED backlight and Sony's version of QLED, that they market as Tri-luminous. It's very, very similar to QLED, but it's works slightly differently to basically achieve the same effect.

Or the Samsung neo QLED qn90c or the qn95c, although the 2024 D series is out in the next few months.

If you want an LG LCD, most of them are not as good as the Samsung or the Sony mentioned above. Almost allnof LG's LCD TV's use IPS panels and are Edge lit. Only 3 of the Qneds are mini LED, the 866, 90 and 91. The rest are inferior and use older edge lit backlights.

Other than that your looking at Hisense or TCL. Their most premium models are the mini LED ones. So Hisense U7 or U8 or TCL c805 or the top end is the c845 or the c9 series.
    Author
    This QN90c?

currys.co.uk/pro…tml

Also, do you know what panels we get? I've read conflicting reports. Some say us and Europe get the VA panels where's places like America get IPS but then I read it's the opposite. (edited)
's avatar