HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread

Found 24th Mar 2013
Following on from the previous threads:

hotukdeals.com/ite…0-h

hotukdeals.com/tag…382

A friendly satellite chat & advice thread.

Please don't ask how to hack Sky or anything illegal, or posts will be removed & users probably banned.
Community Updates
MiscSatellite
Top comments
Sprograt

I've just got Amazon's Fire TV after my DM800HD gave up the ghost, could … I've just got Amazon's Fire TV after my DM800HD gave up the ghost, could someone point me in the right direction to get a sub for the UK Sky Channels.T.I.A.

sky.com/shop/
I’ve tested a load of IPTV subs over the last few days, so a quick summary for anyone looking.

1. Best all round IPTV - Flawless (£70pa, £10pm) - superb channel line up, excellent picture quality, no buffering and channel layout is excellent.

2. Best value for money - Global (£25pa) - deal on at the moment where the annual £55 is now £25. Channel lists are decent (but be warned, if the adult package is selected, this appears first on the channel list!), picture quality is amazing (lots of FHD channels - upscaled), superb list of channels and I’ve only had a couple of small glitches over the course of a days viewing.

3. Best monthly option - Eternal IPTV. Works out at £7 per month, but this allows 5 simultaneous connections on different IP’s (so you can share with your friends at less than £2 pm). Not as many HD channels and the channel sorting is a bit of a mess, but was very stable and a good monthly option or backup.

4. Most disappointing - Fab IPTV. Lots of potential, but lots of buffereing.

I’ve also had a little glimpse of the new Ruya lineup and they haven’t been impacted with the EPL blackouts or require a VPN. I’ll be trying this out over the weekend, so stay tuned.

There is also a channel M3u editor called xtream-editor.com/, which allows full customisation of your M3u channel list. It’s only £12 a year and it allows you to add/remove/change groups, channels, renaming etc, whilst still allowing updates of new channels from your iptv provider.

It works out at £12 per year and it’s a superb tool - used that with the Global sub to remove all the Asian channels and update a few lists (also move the adult section to the bottom !!). Well worth the investment and it allows upto 5 lists to be added (again, you could share with 4 other people).

Enjoy all
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 30th Mar
moschops17 m ago

Not keen on scrolling through 200+ pages , so what is the best IPTV …Not keen on scrolling through 200+ pages , so what is the best IPTV provider at the moment?

nowtv.com/
Marcoos

Look at the link, what's not right about it....

I think that link should act as a stupidity test to see if people are allowed IPTV and Plex VOD lol
11802 Comments
IMAGES

DM800 (clone)

OpenPLi 2.1 (gjstroom) - dreamoem.com/sho…800
OpenPLi 2.1 (ChrisUK - as above but with plugins included) - hotukdeals.com/mis…289
DreamElite 4.0 (Rami) - dreamoem.com/sho…84b

DM800SE (clone)

OpenPLi 2.1 (gjstroom) - dreamoem.com/sho…0se
OpenPLi 2.1 (ChrisUK - as above but with plugins included) - hotukdeals.com/mis…266
DreamElite 4.0 (Rami) - dreamoem.com/sho…84b

BOOTLOADERS

SSL84 (Clone) - www35.zippyshare.com/v/8…tml

CHANNEL LISTS

28.2E

JAN 2013 (sgtflipflop) - hotukdeals.com/mis…249

Multisat

MARCH 2013 (ChrisUK) - hotukdeals.com/mis…840

PLUGINS

1Channel - hotukdeals.com/mis…106
BBC iPlayer - hotukdeals.com/mis…106
ITV Player - digitalworldz.co.uk/297…tml
OnDemand Player (Beta) - hotukdeals.com/mis…112
Second Info bar - hotukdeals.com/mis…831

BESPOKE FILES

Picons displayed on OLED (DM800SE only) - hotukdeals.com/mis…114

INFO

DM800 Manual - dream-multimedia-tv.de/dow…pdf
Change Skin db to SNR - hotukdeals.com/mis…302
How to set-up Coolman EPG - hotukdeals.com/mis…021
How to set-up CROSS EPG - hotukdeals.com/mis…114
How to install IPK Files (detailed) - hotukdeals.com/mis…112
How to install IPK Files (easy way) - hotukdeals.com/mis…112
How to Upgrade Sim1 to Ferrari SIM - hotukdeals.com/mis…109
Install Plugins in OpenPLi - hotukdeals.com/mis…215
SIM Card Version (with pics) - hotukdeals.com/mis…108
Turn off subtitles - hotukdeals.com/mis…146
USB Fans - hotukdeals.com/mis…353

TOOLS & SOFTWARE

DreamboxEdit Modified (allows you to upload your own channel lists or make changes easy) - hotukdeals.com/mis…305
FlashFXP - allows you to FTP into your box
DreamboxControlCenter (may personal favourite - allows you to FTP & Telnet in a nice GUI app) - netload.in/dat…htm

LINKS

Football schedule/channels - liveonsat.com/qui…tml
Sky Transponders - en.kingofsat.net/pac…php
Satellite Finder - dishpointer.com/

RECOMMENDED RETAILERS

UK

Receivers/SIM's - ukdreamshop.co.uk/pre…op/

China

Receivers - mixeshop.com/
DM800SE (internal WiFi) - mixeshop.com/800…tml
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 26th Mar 2013
IPTV

Fix for BT Issues with Ruya/Kodi - pcliverpool.co.uk/bt-…tml
Edited by: "ChrisUK" 27th May 2016
Reserved
Reserved
Hi guys,

Post up any files/links/guides etc that you found useful & could aid other users to get the most out of their boxes (remember, nothing dodgy or illegal!).

Ta
Haven't we already got one of these threads or is this one different?

guv already said in there that he was happy to update his opening post to be more relevant.
Edited by: "deeky" 24th Mar 2013
deeky

Haven't we already got one of these threads or is this one different? guv … Haven't we already got one of these threads or is this one different? guv already said in there that he was happy to update his opening post to be more relevant.

Moving on from that thread mate.

Lots of things posted over the last 2 weeks & its all getting lost with the same questions being asked over again.

I'll make this a central repo of information & keep it regularly updated as developments take place.

We all seem to be moving on the SE boxes now too, so plenty of experimenting taking place at the minute with somewhere needed to post results & update file lists
Fair enough.
Few pics on the phone of the updated picons showing on the SE OLED.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/seatleonfrtdi/EEE07AF6-027C-4C27-B790-A1FB7472D4E1-29934-000008F72ADF0F20_zpsa2e25529.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/seatleonfrtdi/346B774B-C2D1-48AC-BC1E-E60F01FEDA25-29934-000008F72CA0D146_zps2e2927c1.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/seatleonfrtdi/E537B7C0-3C48-4575-91D3-732D5BBADC3C-29934-000008F728F94538_zps2d1f2e68.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/seatleonfrtdi/60BD402D-A062-4C1B-9844-A066349E50F6-29934-000008F726E71E1B_zps37605e55.jpg
Here are my CoolMan EPG settings for those who asked (combine with CrossEPG for a brilliant EPG).

Whilst in Coolman EPG, press 7 to alter views, then menu to set-up how you wish.

http://i48.tinypic.com/jj1ulu.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2m79stv.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/33pc45c.jpg

http://i50.tinypic.com/ohiads.jpg
Good thread, still happy with my Vu Duo, running VIX latest build and on demand works a treat. so good having on demand from these enigma boxes as well.
Never had any experience with the Vu - have you ever had a Dreambox to compare it to ?
Not had any dreamboxes mate, had a couple of OpenBox's which I think provide the better HD picture. But I think most enigma boxes are the same as in what they can do with minor differences here and there.

New Solo looks good though.
I've just moved from a DM800 to DM800SE & its made the world of difference in terms of both stability, quality & speed,
what "value" are people putting on the ones from Mix Shop? (_;)

one other question - I never record so is it worth getting an 800se over an openbox?
Edited by: "phatbhoy" 25th Mar 2013
phatbhoy

what "value" are people putting on the ones from Mix Shop? (_;)one other … what "value" are people putting on the ones from Mix Shop? (_;)one other question - I never record so is it worth getting an 800se over an openbox?

What do you mean mate ?

£160 for the SE with internal wifi & HDD (delivered).

You can just not get a HDD if you don't want to record. You can always use a USB pen for the likes of the picons, epg etc.

I don't think the openbox is as supported as the SE as there are a lot more plugins available for the SE

I'm sure someone with both boxes will be able to give you a direct comparison.
I take it he means the value on the box for import duty? They just put a low value on them so you shouldn't have to pay.
Oh yea, it's very low & marked as radio switch test components or something....
Do they really go for that amount ??

.....checking eBay lol
simplez

yep, many can't do a proper image so mention image/specs and put a … yep, many can't do a proper image so mention image/specs and put a reserve of £160

Worth importing a few for that price !
Thanks for the replies - yep it was the value for import.

What I still dont get though, is why get a DM800se over an openbox - I wont be recording and dont understand the attraction in plug ins - why spend the extra £80?

I have been using a DM500 for the past couple of years with no problems
Finally ordered my DM800SE today, how long do the normally take from mixshop?
phatbhoy

Thanks for the replies - yep it was the value for import.What I still … Thanks for the replies - yep it was the value for import.What I still dont get though, is why get a DM800se over an openbox - I wont be recording and dont understand the attraction in plug ins - why spend the extra £80?I have been using a DM500 for the past couple of years with no problems

Plugins can turn your box into whatever you want mate.

You can make it an Apple TV, On Demand player, Sky+ box & a lot more.

You can add or remove whatever you want on it.

The IceFilms/1channel plugins make it worthwhile by themselves.
souljacker

Finally ordered my DM800SE today, how long do the normally take from … Finally ordered my DM800SE today, how long do the normally take from mixshop?

Between 3-7 days normally
souljacker

Finally ordered my DM800SE today, how long do the normally take from … Finally ordered my DM800SE today, how long do the normally take from mixshop?

excellent - looking forward to hear how you got on
Don't forget to scan in Sky Movies Disney.

New channel starting today:

Mod: qpsk
Frequency: 12382500
S/r 29500000
Horizontal
Inversion: on
fec: 3/4
Does anyone run a motor set up for multi sat?
exStudent

A few of us have motorised dishes, i don't really use mine much now though, jst stick to sky
exStudent

Yes mate. You can pick up a dish, motor, LNB & all the other bits for around £120

Worth it just for the football
Just thought I'd let you know, my dreambox doesn't like your image. Just sends me in a loop to flash a new version.
DarrylJohn

Just thought I'd let you know, my dreambox doesn't like your image. Just … Just thought I'd let you know, my dreambox doesn't like your image. Just sends me in a loop to flash a new version.

Is that the SE mate ? Deffo bootloader 84 ? (Mine should have been bl84, but was bl82 wen I switched it on first time around).
Yeah SE pal, (we got the same one) my BL is SSL84B
I'm gonna need to get my head around the different bootloaders. Ive not had to worry about it with a genuine box.

I think my old Eagle SD box Ive got in my games room has died (not powering up - but could be the fuse I guess!), so makes a new box even more appealing!
Just put mine back on fine, not sure why it dislikes yours. Anyone else confirmed to have ran yours?

I'd assume having BL 84 on, it would work ok.
Just uploaded a skin - http://www66.zippyshare.com/v/38442457/file.html

Unzip and FTP it too - usr/share/enigma2

then restart, and give it a try. See what you think
DarrylJohn

Just put mine back on fine, not sure why it dislikes yours. Anyone else … Just put mine back on fine, not sure why it dislikes yours. Anyone else confirmed to have ran yours?I'd assume having BL 84 on, it would work ok.

Not sure if anyone has mate. Used it myself though ??

BL84b
DarrylJohn

Yeah SE pal, (we got the same one) my BL is SSL84B

Did yours not come as 82 from the factory then ? Weird
I'm going to try your image when my box arrives so I'll let you know if it works.
ChrisUK

Did yours not come as 82 from the factory then ? Weird

I installed DE firstly, that will have put that SSL on. Maybe it doesn't like 84, and requires 82.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants