Posted 24 March 2013

HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread

Following on from the previous threads:

hotukdeals.com/ite…0-h

hotukdeals.com/tag…382

A friendly satellite chat & advice thread.

* Please don't ask how to hack Sky or anything illegal, or posts will be removed

* Please do not share links to IPTV sites - request or offer - via comment or PM

Community Updates
New Comment

13059 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    the.porter23/05/2022 18:22

Anybody use talktalk do they block PL ?

Yes they do. afaik only premium isp like zen internet dont. all the big boys block unfortunately. not all providers are blocked though. only if they are on the radar.
    Author
    Sprograt

I've just got Amazon's Fire TV after my DM800HD gave up the ghost, could … I've just got Amazon's Fire TV after my DM800HD gave up the ghost, could someone point me in the right direction to get a sub for the UK Sky Channels.T.I.A.

sky.com/shop/
    Just a note that my server is undergoing maintenance tonight so please accept advanced apologies if you have connection/buffering issues (I'm hoping these will be minimal to non-existant).
    Most folks won't share decent ones, the more people know the more chances of it getting blocked etc.
    smiler594

Sorry, what's SS. I'm looking for adult, footy and vod content.

29154583-g2fiw

ChrisUK

Apologies about not being around much lately all, going through a load of … Apologies about not being around much lately all, going through a load of personal issues of late, so please excuse any late replies if anyone sends over a PM.

Hope everything works out OK.

Have a Merry Christmas regardless - and I'd like to wish the same to all the other 'regulars' & 'lurkers' alike.

29638145-pxN9r

moschops124/09/2018 10:35

Not keen on scrolling through 200+ pages , so what is the best IPTV …Not keen on scrolling through 200+ pages , so what is the best IPTV provider at the moment?

nowtv.com/
    Let's be honest, for those who are genuinely, thick as two short planks! Who would really offer or recommend a decent and trusted supplier on here? Come on guys. This site is full of snitches and law snoopers. Use word of mouth!

I certainly wouldn't recommended my, trusted and reliable supplier, if I had one.

No one is going to risk giving details out here, unless your stupid and don't value your supplier. (edited)
    ChrisUK

Hey, leave my internet friends alone :pI'd only personally do it with … Hey, leave my internet friends alone :pI'd only personally do it with trusted members, we all know who they are anyway by now.

I understand. A little off topic if posters here require any unidays codes which aren't available on NUS extra just PM me

(edited)
    Right so here's a review of Zool's server which he kindly linked me and I joined on Monday. Unfortunately, it is good and bad news for all of us but for a summary, I am very very impressed.

To start there is an extraordinary amount of content more than I have every seen on any plex server it is almost comical the amount of content there is and what is available to watch, I am in awe of what is available which includes 3D content, 1080p films (actually are 1080p) and sporting replays plus lots of other content which gets an A+++ in my book.

Next is IPTV and again outstanding, I love smoothstreams and will keep it for life, however, this is a perfect compliment. One of the reasons I enjoyed using RUYA was for the additional sly channels and this offers every single UK channel in faultless quality without a buffer in sight, I will test it properly this weekend during the football which will be a proper test and report back but so far so good.

Now the initial negative for whatever reason this service does not work on the shield, I got regular crashing freezing and lockups to the point the service isn't usable I tried a restart, re-install the works and nothing did it. The server guy said it may be due to the amount of servers provided by the service which is too much for the shield to handle. As a result, I have installed it on a now tv box which I had lying around and this works amazingly except there is no universal search, this is a PITA for example if you are searching for the big bang theory nothing appears but if you select from the options e.g. tv shows a-g there is it. Whilst on the subject as there is a lot of VOD servers it is very confusing to try and find what you are looking for, especially if it is an older show. Would it be in UK A-G?, Oscar winners?, New shows? Best of British for example? This is annoying as I am sure the content is there but finding it is difficult. I understand this is a fault of plex on the nowTV box, though.

Overall would I recommend this service? Absolutely no questions asked, for the price (£16 I think) it is worth every penny and I would say it is perfect for those missing RUYA after migrating over to SS. Hats off for Zool for recommending to us and it really is exceptional and does the job admirably.

Any questions please as away and also if you want the link PM me as I am sure Zool is getting overwhelmed!
    Evening all. Just wanted to say that I hope anyone here who is on my server is enjoying the service. However, after some consideration, I've taken the hard decision to close the server - which will happen sometime this Saturday.

It's been another great learning tool for me, and I'm hoping many of you enjoyed the benefits of it.

I'll still be around for the chat of course, and will chip in for any advice if and when required.

Cheers all.
    TechnoMan80

If it costs them more to run a service to cover the costs so then be it … If it costs them more to run a service to cover the costs so then be it and its your choice to pay for the service however i think its unfair to say their service has been running crap when past 3-4 months months Ruya has been working great for me until the weekend gone due to the issues stated above.Only thing you can really compare Ruya and SS is their sports. You can actually replace your normal TV sub for Ruya for everything they offer but SS only concentrate on mostly sports side of things and can be used on many devices and split between all your friends and family which I think is great. But to give false info of how crap it is baloney Chip, perhaps not everyone has the same experience with services but feedback on the net other then this thread will tell you otherwise.Seems everyone just jumps on the same bandwagon just because a service is cheaper and can be split between 100 people for £1 each for a year (over exaggeration) but you get the drift.I have forwarded this thread and feedback to Ruya and been told that you was banned from Ruya because of you broke their rules in a forum? maybe thats why you have a chip on your shoulder, no pun intended.I

In your dictionary how long is 'recently' Ruya has been having issues for months. And must have been apparent to the owners and admin that this was upcoming well before then. Yet rather than close down new subs / countless resellers, and ensure that the service remains qaulity for its current user base. They decide instead add add more channels no body wants, increase sub fees and charge extra for services that used to be included.

You complain that this is a 'ruya bashing thread' one thing you fail to realise is that this is a totally free forum with no bias to any service. Therefore no one in this thread has a motive to 'bash ruya' without good reason.

You also state

"But to give false info of how crap it is baloney Chip, perhaps not everyone has the same experience with services but feedback on the net other then this thread will tell you otherwise"

Again I must point out that this a totally free forum with no agenda towards any service in particular. What you fail to understand (or ignore). Is the reason the % of complaints may be higher on here is because there is no censorship. Unlike the ruya' forums and Facebook page when admin may be willing to ban people just because they are complaining.

(edited)
    Any tips required on how to shoplift successfully too?
    I have been a long time user of Ruya (2 years now) - but I have noticed a steady decline in its quality and service since the beginning of this football season. I've been a big fan of Ruya, always commending it to friends and family members - even joined a few up. It worked great 99.9% of the time, but unfortunately it's not been up to scratch for a couple of months now.

Maybe it's just my viewing habits (only use it for sport) but I'll give a few examples:

- beginning of the football season, they had problems with BT Sports for several weeks, I can understand a couple of days, but a few weeks is taking the mickey IMO. Lots of stuff I wanted to watch on there including Moto GP, WRC, football and rugby. It was unwatchable.

- Liverpool vs Man U on Monday, Sky Sports was awful in HD, reminded me of the free kodi-add ons I used to use. SD was fine, but quality was awful - I actually found a slightly better quality stream that was free.

- CL football on Tues/Wed - the big games would load, but then the picture would judder within a few seconds. All BT channels again.

I do relay the problems across, but it comes to a point where I think, 'am I being that annoying customer?' But then again, I'm paying about £10 per month so I feel that I deserve good quality and reliable streams. Yes, I know that there are alternative streams from America/Canada, but I personally prefer to watch the coverage on Sky Sports and BT Sports when it's on there.

Ruya currently reminds me of the old free Dexter add-on, it would work great up until 2.45pm/7.30pm, but by kick-off it became unwatchable.

One great thing about Ruya is their customer support - questions are answered within minutes usually. I can't fault that - 10/10. I'm hoping this is a blip and I'm sure it will be fine again, but it when comes to the matches that I want to watch on the main UK sport channels, it just hasn't delivered recently.

I joined SS and as a direct comparison (SS vs Ruya sport subscription - both at similar price points), SS is ahead. It beats Dexter Pro too IMO. When you take into consideration the 3 concurrent IP streams with SS (which effectively makes the pricing at £3/month) then it blows the other competition away.

Was it a few weeks ago that the UK sports channels stopped working for a few hours on SS (following a DDoS attack??), SS tweeted they were aware of the problem and it was all sorted within a few hours and they got a new server etc.

SS just works....and its setting a high benchmark.

I was adamant that Ruya was unbeatable (sport package only), but the last couple of months has made me reconsider. I hope Ruya gets better - I want it to, purely from a competition point of view. In my opinion, it's just not what it used to be.
    (edited)
    Update for SS users:
    They have just upgraded the UK server from 1gbit to 10 so if you ever needed to switch to a another EU server you should be golden back on the London one now =D
    Great to see they are actively keeping on top of things
    Merry Christmas to all those on the thread. Been a great read over the past twelve months Don't wait up too long for Santa! Better wrap my Fire TV and pretend I was a good X)
    Djd1981

Amazon global now ships to UK from US so roku premiere + £101 if anyone … Amazon global now ships to UK from US so roku premiere + £101 if anyone interested.

Sod that i just picked up a Shield on ebay for £62 X)
    TechnoMan80

Do you guys even have any access to Ruya's private forums or any info in … Do you guys even have any access to Ruya's private forums or any info in regards to issues when they occur or anything?They have had all SSP1 2 3 4 5 in SD and HD and also a 1080p versions of the channels, and still have the HDs and SD but the 1080s have had issues just as of past 4-5 days yet was working perfectly since its been added lately.Seems nothing but Ruya bashing in this thread is all I read. Smooth streams hasnt had sky sports in HD and BT HD in how long yet just because 10 people can chip in to get a years service to share between them you are biased upon a service that only mostly concentrates on sports compared to a service that has Catch up tv, vod and live tv, no matter the cost its like comparing apples to pairs.I know the owner of couple Ruya server owners and have access to their private forum and their public forum. They have been getting DDOS attacked lately and are changing server/locations so you know and adding free time or VOD for free for a month to compensate for the people that contact their providers. Just because a service is cheap as chips doesnt mean they are immune to issues, All servers infact have issues at some point or another and majority of servers you will see in 6 months half of them will disappear for one reason or another.I have both Smooth streams and Ruya and personally think they are both good and useful for when I need to use it, just dont understand all this Ruya bashing on this thread.

behave yourself. lots of people here were Ruya subbers and don't moan for any reason except a bad customer service. Ruya has been bad for months. I was a subscriber but didn't renew as the service became a joke. feed is fine until the big game and suddenly, it buffers to high heaven.

on top of that, prices are raised and instead of stopping from getting new customers so problems could be resolved, problems are ignored. Ruya when worked was great no doubt, but for the last few months has really gone down the swanny.

SS on the other hand ive had no downtime. yeah, no ss1hd but plenty of other channels which offer full hd and hardly any downtime. actually, in the 6-9 months ive had ss, not sure theres been any downtime at all. with ss, there is direct coms with the admins and we get responses.

this is a unbiased thread and lots of people have been recommended ruya but we have no loyalty to ruya. people have loyalty to a service that bloody works. I know people who paid for a full ruya sub and then had to buy ss because ruya kept on letting them down.
    Marcoos

Look at the link, what's not right about it....

I think that link should act as a stupidity test to see if people are allowed IPTV and Plex VOD lol
    MikeT

Please dont attempt to buy or sell items through HUKD, we dont allow … Please dont attempt to buy or sell items through HUKD, we dont allow private sales so any posts and those quoting will be removed.

What if we pay HUKD a referral fee...
    also, with services going down people are more reluctant to share publically the good ones, in case of over exposure and causing issues.
    Monthly is the way to go and I stand by that.

If this was to raise finances maybe the focus would have been better served trying to get more customers to buy annual then some to buy lifetime?

Lifetime packages were asked for and duly received.

As for the longevity or quality of the service, I’m not here to push anything.

Always happy to discuss further with people on Telegram, I just don’t feel this is the place for that
    You may not get any recommendations, because the ones people find don’t want other people to find out because it can affect the quality of service. I suggest trying google and Reddit just my personal opinion
    Author
    I'm back to take questions again

Can't discuss, I messed up, all sorted now.
    is768901

hahaha, no chance can I spend that money, the wife just bought a new … hahaha, no chance can I spend that money, the wife just bought a new tumble drier lol

Yeah but that's for her, what do you get (apart from dry clothes lol) your wife needs to understand gadgets are equally necessary, keep working on her
    Author
    Asked the main man if he's doing any discounts for you guys & he's sent me this (valid until 15/08):

6 months full for £75 instead of £150
    1 year for £150 instead of £270
    1 year sports for £100 instead of £130 + vod and catch up free
    (edited)
    Anyone on SS (I would imagine ruya too but don't have a sub to check) they have a new channel on NBC at 3pm called goal rush. It's a bit like nfl red zone where it just cuts to the action of all the 3pm games. 48 SD and 49 HD.
    Goes hand in hand with a premier league 3pm acca =D
    (edited)
    Simba92

Not sure why you guys are all raving so much about SS. Its not as great … Not sure why you guys are all raving so much about SS. Its not as great as most people on this thread make out. Granted the streams are usually reliable. But not actual HD (doesn't even compare to real HD, in truth are slightly better than SD).The epg is rubbish. The kodi app isn't great. Considering its a premium service (its not cheap). I'd expect better. Tried it for the last 3 months however I probably won't be renewing as I don't think its worth what they charge. If it was like £50 for the year. Then I'd probably sub for a year.

No point having a moan bruv if you ain't going to suggest a better alternative.

You're certainly in the minority on here who does not rate SS. and if you split the sub 3 ways with people you trust, then it works out even cheaper.

The ability to pay quarterly, 3 concurrent streams on 3 different ips makes SS for me a super service.

I don't think many iptv services offer true HD or even ultra HD.

Reading your comment again, don't think you're taking about SS that we have. The picture quality is not just slightly better than sd. It may not be true 1080 HD but certainly more closer to it than being near sd.
    (edited)
    Which joker here claimed ss streams were more sd than HD. I'm watching the boro game and it is pin sharp. Zero buffer, totally sharp.
    Author
    cchopps

That's how I am with my brother. He wouldn't know how to use my account … That's how I am with my brother. He wouldn't know how to use my account details if he wanted to. I think sharing with internet mates is looking for aggro and not how it is designed to be used.

Hey, leave my internet friends alone

I'd only personally do it with trusted members, we all know who they are anyway by now.
    SS is slightly ahead of RuYa as well. This is as close to the real thing you could possibly get to the actual sky package.
    roadie

I'm on that server already. I can't see it. Lol

They're all coming out of the woodwork now X)
    MrScotchBonnet

Yes, see my comment on the previous page. It was in the corner last night … Yes, see my comment on the previous page. It was in the corner last night and this is the first time for me I have seen it take over the whole of the top screen. Hopefully a one off.

Just asked them they weren't aware (only of the usual blur but not the full top line one )
    They are going to investigate :)how come they can get back to my question in a matter of seconds, but takes me half an hour on the phone to sky lol
    Trying for 1080p DTS on new stuff mate....
    Paid for a plex pass to see what using the plex kodi addon is like, and here are my initial findings
    (Quickly i'm loving it so far)

it is basically plex inside kodi but has some really nice features. Advantures over the standard plex app are (This is based on my aftv official app)

*(The big one for me!) when you select a show> season you can then flick through the episode and it will give you the synopsis of the particular episode you are on, without the need to click on said episode.
    For me this is brilliant, especially when wanting to watch a show a show i have seen before. For example i might want to watch a family guy episode, I can pick a season and flick through the episodes until i find one i fancy, rather than clicking each ep to see what going on
    * (May seem daft to some people..) the order of seasons / episodes are in horizontal order, I really wasn't a fan of the 'one up one down' layout, this is so much easier to find your desired season / episode.
    * Speed, it seems nippier than the regular app, which is impressive considering its still technically in beta stage.
    *'Similar shows' I don't seem to remember this from the regular app? Earlier I was watching a new girl episode and underneath the episode it had similar shows (Such as brooklyn nine nine plus some others). tried it out with family guy and its suggestion included american dad. Really like this.
    *The on deck system works in the exact same way (Theme music isn't working yet)
    *Search works well, on the plex app it would often crash with a message saying something like "cannot connect to remote server" not experience this yet

Over all it seems lot more intuitive and maximises the space. rather than needing to click a menu to open up folders (Most of us will be used to HD movies, current TV shows and so on...) these now float at the top of the screen so are easy to find. But when you click on a show this menu hides its self away allowing you to see episodes / suggested shows, but can easily be found again by clicking up a couple of times.
    *Power of kodi, its nice to hit the pause button and see all the familiar 'options' you would see in kodi on the bottom of the screen

Only watched two shows on it but so far so good, will update my mini review when i have had a bit more time with it
    If anyone wants me to test anything out just give me a shout
    Hi guys, hopefully this will be useful to some of you? Basically as you probably know you can cancel sky free of charge due to the price increase of the landline. Another guy got me a referral deal and to be honest I thought he was joking as seemed too good to be true! turns out it is true and I can now pass this on myself....

[image missing]

That is INCLUDING line rental AND £50 credit to cover the first few bills! obviously I have just cancelled sky! Everything above for £15 a month!!!

Any questions please ask and I can put you in touch!

(edited)
    I see new plex has just announced free IPTV for their members. So when all the others are crashing around them, they are staying strong.
    TechnoMan80

Do you guys even have any access to Ruya's private forums or any info in … Do you guys even have any access to Ruya's private forums or any info in regards to issues when they occur or anything?They have had all SSP1 2 3 4 5 in SD and HD and also a 1080p versions of the channels, and still have the HDs and SD but the 1080s have had issues just as of past 2-3 days yet was working perfectly since its been added lately.Seems nothing but Ruya bashing in this thread is all I read. Smooth streams hasnt had sky sports in HD and BT HD in how long yet just because 10 people can chip in to get a years service to share between them you are biased upon a service that only concentrates on sports compared to a service that has Catch up tv, vod and live tv, no matter the cost its like comparing apples to pairs.I know the owner of couple Ruya server owners and have access to their private forum and their public forum. They have been getting DDOS attacked lately and are changing server/locations so you know and adding free time or VOD for free for a month to compensate for the people that contact their providers. Just because a service is cheap as chips doesnt mean they are immune to issues, All servers infact have issues at some point or another and majority of servers you will see in 6 months half of them will disappear for one reason or another.I have both Smooth streams and Ruya and personally think they are both good and useful for when I need to use it, just dont understand all this Ruya bashing on this thread.

Because the service has been crap for months and they have raised their rediculously high charges even more.
    Much better around with better support for a quarter of the cost.
's avatar