Posted 4 days ago

iPhone assistance for neighbour

Morning all, I'm an android man and have zero experience of iPhone or Apple, however got a elderly neighbour with mild dementia who's just got an iPhone, I appear to be his 'goto' guy for anything technical now as his family live away.

He drives to hospital regularly and finds it difficult to find his car in the car park, he is utterly convinced someone has told him there is an app/facility on iphone to speak to his phone when he parks his car then later speak to his phone to guide him back to his cars location.

I trawled and found he can drop pins on maps, but its not what he wants, he's adamant he can speak to his phone maybe Siri ?..

TIA.
Community Updates
New Comment

14 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    52706533-iFrA6.jpg

You can ask Siri to ‘find my car’ but I think that’ll only work when you’ve used Apple Maps to navigate and then when it disconnects from the car Bluetooth it’ll put it as the parked car location
    Author
    That's interesting, he has bluetooth in the car, I bet this is what he's seen.
    Google Maps has a feature to save your parking location. But I have never encountered such a feature you can set with Siri. Best I can think of for that would be to leave an AirTag in the car and then navigate back to that location?
    Author
    Thats interesting, wonder if it has a voice activated function, he's pretty convinced.
    I've got a Mio dashcam and it saves parking location.
    Another potential solution, but it depends on the age of his car, could be a phone app that links to his car. I have the phone app for my car that (among other things) lets me know where my car is.
    Author
    It's a brand new Kia he has, which app is it ?
    Harsh as it may seem, but really should he still be driving?
    Author
    He's fine, he;s just had his 70th and had his license reviewed and renewed for three years.
's avatar