Posted 5 hours ago

Is adidasheadphones.com legit?

Looking for the RT 01 headphones and seem the cheapest here, but never heard of them before?
Community Updates
New Comment

Categories

10 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    The domain tracks back to Adidas.com for admin contact etc. And has been registered for a few years

whois.com/who…com

Looks ok from a very quick look
    Just by the website name alone I'd say no
    Again I'm not sure. Marshall does seem to be a legit company without a doubt based in Sweden. However, when you type Adidas into their search it comes back with no results.

Edit: The site adidasheadphones.com appears to be show Portugese as well as English as their first link to other languges at top of their page? (edited)
    Marshall looks legit, has recently been taken over by a swedish company, and mentions adidas headphones on their website (group.marshall.com/thi…up/).

If you wanted to be more certain you could email info@marshall.com and ask them if the adidas site is real.

If this is a scam site its the most professional one I've ever seen
    Seems so. Approaching it as cynically as I can, I can't see any of the usual tells that it's a scam site. I couldn't see anything to suggest that it's a legit website that's been stolen and copy&pasted onto a scam domain, either. It doesn't have a particularly strong web presence, and that can be a bit of a red flag, but as it's linked by the (seemingly official) Addidas Instagram, it actually seems pretty likely that it's entirely legit.

One caveat I would point you toward is that they're based in Sweden, and this may affect your warranty and return rights. I'd suggest buying by credit card, to help eliminate any potential risks. Also, it'll take a few more days to arrive than if you were buying from a UK-based retailer, so don't expect them on your doorstep tomorrow. Those reservations aside though, it looks good.
    Author
    Thanks for your help
    I’m not sure, but it is different from the Adidas headphones pages

adidas.co.uk/rpt…tml
    Author
    Yes, that's what made me wonder :/
    Marshall is legit, this the Swedish version of Companies House entry for them: foretagsinfo.bolagsverket.se/sok…/AB

but caveats as otheres have mentioned aout ordering from Sweden & the fcat their support hours are not European.
's avatar