Posted 19 hours ago

Is roxell a good make for a dvd player

I need a region free dvd player and these seem to be quite reasonable. Has anyone got one? Is it a good brand?
Community Updates
New Comment

13 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Did you mean Roxel?
    There are no 'Roxell' devices at all listed second hand on ebay or CEX which say it's likely not a real make, just an own brand unit a seller got some custom branding for.

Such electronics are inevitably on the budget end of the market so it's not going to be good in the sense of being above average but it's hard to tell whether it's acceptable or utter junk.

What sort of age does it appear to be?
    There is a used 'Roxel' on the bay looks a tad ropey maybe
    There was a time when you could make your dvd player "region free" just by using a code sequence on your remote. Might be worth having a look at what can still be "converted", instead of laying out good money unnecessarily
    Panasonic can be done using a £20 special remote 
    Wouldn’t a blu ray player be a better investment?
    Author
    Sorry yeah I mean roxel. I need another player so I saw alot of reviews for this and they're good but wondered what people thought here
    I think Roxel used to be a decent CD brand back in the day but like most of those manufacturers, heaven knows who owns them now!

A quick google only shows Amazon reviews - guess you pays your money and takes your chances with this one!
    They look dreadful, just an OEM unit with a logo slapped on.
    Author
    What's OEM?
's avatar