Posted 22 hours ago

Lenovo P2 - root?

Guys,
I have dug out an old phone, Lenovo P2, which I used to use for the children to watch BBC Iplayer on in the car on long journeys. For some reason it's factory reset its self, bit of a pain! I've set it all up again, but it's on Android 6! - And it refuses to update, complaining of a network connection issue. It seems this is a common issue across Lenovo products from what I could see - the internet does indeed work on it.

So, assuming it's some issue connecting to Lenovo's servers or something I figure my only other option is to put something else on the phone... something I've never done before!..

What would the steps be to put something else on the phone - all I'd want to do is then login to Google Play, download say BBC Iplayer and download some stuff!

Any help much appreciated - based on the age of the phone, and my time I'm looking for something simple to do, free and quick - doesn't need to be fancy!

Cheers!
Community Updates
New Comment

9 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Here is one option:

lineageosroms.com/kun…ao/

You will also need to flash gapps if u want play store. Instructions included.
    Author
    Thanks for the link, that's really helpful. Alas, I don't think I have time for something that involved for this task - I ideally needed it done in say half hour - got a lot on today and left this till the last minute, thinking I'd only have to download a bunch of Bluey episodes!
    Flash it with a new rom.... There's a few to chose from, can be done with a pc or from SD card.