Posted 6 January 2024

LG oled question

What are these dark looking marks in the blue areas of my lg tv?

Seen these on a few different times now and im not sure if it's my tv or just YouTube

4276250_1.jpg4276250_1.jpg4276250_1.jpg
Community Updates
New Comment

37 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Pixel refresh, and then watch HDTVTest on youtube to set your TV up properly.
    on youtube search for redscreen and run it, any burn out will show dark and patchy, thats what tv repair done on visit to my oled tv.
    Is it not some kind of screen burn?
    Looks like it might be screen burn. OLED loose brightness with use, I think blue fades the quickest although it does boost the brightness while there is spare capacity to compensate.

Check if the areas aligns with any bright static coloured items in the TV guide/user interface, or programmes you regularly watch.
    Author
    I hope it's not can i not get a replacement or anything or is it just how it goes with an oled and i have to fork out for a new tv eventually?
    Is it new or second hand? I have had an lg CX for ages and no screen burn in but I use screen saver on my pc and let it dim brightness on unchanged screens which you have to wake the pc to get rid off. There is an auto pixel refresh feature in the TV. You could try that. I think this might be ex display model?
    Author
    No definitely not ex display. Purchased brand new from marks electrical. Its about 2 years old i think. It's the LG BX
    Yep looks like burn in, this is exactly why I went top of the range Mini LED a few months back so I didn't have to worry or deal with this issue.

Hopefully LG can fix it under warranty.
    Author
    Do i contact LG or Marks electrical regarding the screen burn?
's avatar