Posted 3 December 2023

Live Premier League football matches on Prime Video

Prime
4254729_1.jpg

1) Do I have to pay extra to watch Premier League on Prime Video?
Prime members in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man, can watch 20 Premier League matches each season on Prime Video for no additional fees. Non-Prime members can start a 30-day free trial of Prime (£8.99/month or £95/year), or our Prime Video subscription (£5.99/month). For more information visit amazon.co.uk/prime.

2) Where can I watch live Premier League coverage?
Go to the Prime Video app on your device and you will see matches called out under “live and upcoming events” or you can go to Amazon’s homepage and click on Prime Video where you will see a link to “live and upcoming events”. Alternatively, go to your Prime Video app (or Amazon homepage) and search for “Premier League”.
Watch on the Premier League page on Prime Video.

3) Can I live stream the matches on any device?
Live sport is supported on Amazon devices such as the Fire TV and Fire tablet, on web browsers and on more than 650 connected devices via the Prime Video app, including compatible games consoles (PS3, PS4, PS5, Xbox One), set top boxes and media players (such as Google Chromecast, BT TV, Sky Q, NOW TV, TalkTalk TV, Virgin TV, Roku and Apple TV), smart TVs, Blu-ray players, tablets and mobile phones running iOS or Android. The following devices do not support live streaming on Prime Video, hence you will not be able to watch on these:

LG Hawaii TV: certain 2015 and earlier LG TVs
Sony Bravia TV: certain 2015 and earlier Bravia TVs
Sony Bravia Blu-Ray Disc Player
Roku: 2014 and earlier Roku devices (excluding Roku 3, which is supported)
Xbox 360 Game Console
Nintendo Wii and Wii U Game Console

4) Can I watch the matches in pubs or bars?
Please check with your local pub as availability may vary based on their setup. If you run a Pub or other Commercial premise and you want to show the matches you will need to purchase the Amazon Premier League Pass from TNT Sports. The games will be shown on the TNT Sports Box Office channel and Red Button (Sky Channel 490) which is the only permitted way to show the games in a pub.
For further information, visit tntsportsbusiness.co.uk or call TNT Sports at 0800 678 1065**.

5) Can I watch matches while travelling?
Premier League matches are only available to customers based in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. All other international locations are not eligible. Streaming UK PV catalog from EU regions? See here.

6) How can I catch up on matches I have missed?
Full match replays and highlights will be available by early morning on the day after the match, for a period of 7 days.

7) I’m receiving a location error when attempting to watch.
Premier League matches are only available to customers based in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland), the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. All other international locations are not eligible. Prime Video doesn’t support streaming content through Virtual Private Network (VPN) or proxy connections. To watch Prime Video, you must disable these services on your device or try switching to another available connection. Streaming UK PV catalog from EU regions? See here

My stream is delayed, how do I reduce this?
Whilst all devices have been optimised to give a smooth and clear viewing experience, some devices offer less delay between the live game and your stream. We recommend using a Fire TV, Apple TV, iOS or Android device.

9) I’m experiencing streaming issues, what can I do?
First, check your device bandwidth speeds. For the best live streaming experience, Prime Video recommends a minimum download speed of 1 Mbps for SD & 5 Mbps for HD. Prime Video will serve the highest quality streaming experience possible based on the bandwidth speed available. If you’re experiencing any issues with video juddering/motion, we recommend turning the Motion setting on your TV to Off. This setting might have a different name depending on your TV manufacturer. Some examples of the Motion setting include Auto Motion Plus, Tru Motion, MotionFlow, Cinemotion, and Motion Picture. If you still experience issues, please contact us.

10) How can I update my FireTV Stick apps?
You can update your apps automatically by following these instructions: 1. Go to Settings, and select Applications. 2. Go to Appstore. 3. Set the option to YES to have applications updated automatically. If this is set to no, then you will see individual update options for each app icon in your app library. To sync the compatible apps on your Amazon Fire TV device with your Cloud: Go to Settings>My Account>Sync Amazon Content.

11) Will all matches have commentary?
Yes. There will be full commentary on every match. An alternative natural Stadium FX option will also be available via the audio settings allowing you to tailor your live broadcast experience.

12) How can I access the alternate stadium atmosphere audio option without commentary?
To watch the match with stadium atmosphere, follow these steps while in the video player to view audio options and select «Stadium FX»:

On Web, Android phones and tablets, Fire tablets, Alexa devices, iPhones and iPads, go to the speech bubble.
On Fire TV, press the menu button on your remote, then select Audio.
On Apple TV, swipe down on your remote to view the menu, then select Audio.
On some living rooms devices, press up on your remote to bring up the player controls, then press up again to access the Audio menu.
On other living room devices, you can choose your audio track on the match page from the Audio tab («English» for the default audio with commentary, and «Stadium Atmosphere» for the stadium audio without commentary)

13) Can I rewind, pause and fast forward on my device?
Rewind, pause and fast forward are available on Android/iOS Mobile, Web (Chrome, FireFox, Edge), Fire TV, Apple TV (Gen 3 and newer) & selected Smart TVs. Use Watch from beginning play buttons on the detail page or in player to watch from the match kickoff. Please note that these features are not supported on all devices.

14) Can I see stats and team lineups (also known as X-ray) while the Premier League match is on live?
Yes. On smartphones, tablets, and web select the 'Stats & highlights' button in playback to see real-time stats, highlights and team lineups. On FireTV, bring up player controls in playback and press up on your FireTV remote to bring up X-ray.

15) How can I switch Subtitles on or off?
You can turn Subtitles on or off by selecting the "CC" icon in your playback controls. For some devices, the Subtitles icon looks like a dialogue box, or it may be listed as a menu option under "Subtitles" on the video's detail page.

16) What other information is available?
Visit our help pages here, get support from other fans via our Amazon forums here, or for further help, please contact us.
Community Updates
New Comment

15 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Thanks for the reminder.
    The issue is that they show multiple games at the same time which significantly reduces the number that you can actually watch.
    Six on Wednesday evening for example.
    You can watch up to 3 streams/games at once if you really wanted to.

Other than that it's not really down to Amazon what time they show the games.
    N.B. There's also a £5.99 Prime Video only option.
    Shame there's no championship matches. It is the league for champions after all 😜
    Only for the elite
    I had really bad judder on my prime games last night to the point I turned it off even tried load of different settings like turning off motion etc
    Was that on TV or PC and through the app or a browser? Some AMD gfx cards have trouble dealing with video through a Chromium based browser.

I had 3 different Edge browsers open across matches last night and worked like a dream!
    Just on my Oled TV, too bad you have to go on IPTV even if your paying the subscription.
    Amazon Prime are showcasing December’s Premier league games for its customers.
    That was the topic of the entire thread, yes.
's avatar