Posted 8 hours ago

Netflix stuttering after playing PS5

Hi all. Wondering if someone has an idea as to why streaming platforms stutter every second (picture and audio) after I turn off my PS5.
Netflix is on my smart TV and not on a separate receiver. I have two HDMI inputs, the PS5 and a Sonos Beam. TV is a Philips Ambilight 8 series(?).
Any ideas why playback is stuttering after I've finished gaming? :/
Community Updates
New Comment

11 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    How long do they stutter for?
    Author
    Until I restart the TV. I've tried different HDMI ports, adjusting HDMI settings, but nothing has been resolved as of yet.
    Does it only happen after you turn off ps5? Try it without turning on ps5. I think it maybe WiFi not syncing in at same time as TV. (edited)
    Author
    Yes, only after I've turned off the PS5 and gone onto Netflix, Prime or Disney Plus
    Maybe it's not actually related to the PS5 usage and it's just the TV but your only noticing after using the PS5 as you tend to go to use the TV Apps 'after' using the PS5.

Try restarting the TV before using the PS5 and see if you still have the issue with stuttering apps after using the PS5. Doesn't fix the issue I know but narrows down the cause.

Could simply be a low memory issue on the TV that a reboot of the TV is fixing. TV apps are generally pretty shoddy and Philips are renowned for selling their TV's with low RAM for the OS (edited)
's avatar