Posted 4 days ago

New fridge freezer

Hello so I have a new fridge freezer as title suggests.

Now I left it running empty for six hours, then I transfer frozen food from old to new one, fridge is working excellent, house around 16c,, op condition 10c too 32c

I left dial on 3, now fridge is lovely and cold around 2c.

Using salter themostat for fridges and freezer to check.

I tried the freezer which is full, and showing 13/15c.

Is it because it new and now, even tho food already frozen, or is it do I need to change dial in fridge as house around 16c /17c.

It is becko so has freezer guard technology.

So should I try setting 2, cause I though you should turn it up etc, eg 4/5 for maxuim cold in fridge but someone said does operating effect in freezer when temps colder outside.
Community Updates
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Let things settle down for a day first but the freezer should be around -18 and fridge +5.
    Author
    Freezer about minus 15, Fridge about 2c
    I have a Beko Fridge Freezer, might be the same model. My Freezer -18 and the fridge depending on where you put the thermometer is 3c. That's on a setting of 3.

Did you take the temp after leaving it for six hours? I don't think the freezer has had enough time to get to the correct temp yet. Check it tomorrow and if it's still not -18 give them a call under warranty.
    Author
    I gave it six hours empty both fridge and freezer then put stuff away, but it already frozen, now I no bottom draw is 2 stars but rest should be 4 stars, I got it on setting 2, I been away for few days so I check, and try setting 3,msybe 4,.

I gone from hisense which had fridge problems, but freezer fine to now fridge fine, too freezer problems, frost free I learned is a must